cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes Allowed on the 3rd Party Sales Order when PO is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to change the Sales Order even if the PO is already created for teh 3rd party order. I am not sure which fields and what changes can we do if the PO is already created for the 3rd Party sales order.

Can you please guide me in pointing to the configuration or any user exit that we can control the field changes on the 3rd party sales order when teh PO is already created.

Thank you!

Chandrakant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We have a requirement to change the Sales Order even if the PO is already created for teh 3rd party order

Please let us know what data you want to change after the PO is created for the sales order?

In standard it self the below points can be changed once after the PO is created in 3rd party sales.

1. Once PO is created you can change the sales order qty, this same order qty can be seen in the PO qty with updated.

2. If you change the PO qty, the same will be reflected in sales order schduline lines confirmed qty, but sales order qty remains same as old qty.

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu S

If you don't mind small correction on your post ,, as per my knowledge ...if i am wrong please ingore

You have mentioned Two points ,

2. If you change the PO qty, the same will be reflected in sales order schduline lines confirmed qty, but sales order qty remains same as old qty.

Yes i will agree  , as per standard if you change in PO Qnty it will update in sales order Schedule line qnty And as well as sales order qnty itself .

But i thing First point may not be like this ...after creating po if we change OR Qnty automatically wont be updated in PO ..Some days back i have tried With my client so it not worked like this as you said In the First point..

But worked perfectly 2 point ....

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes i will agree  , as per standard if you change in PO Qnty it will update in sales order Schedule line qnty And as well as sales order qnty itself 

Venu, you have agreed to my 2nd post and again you have re written the same as wrong. I mentioned as "if PO qty is changed then in sales order schduline line confirmed qty only will be updated as PO qty not the sales order qty".However, you mentioned it as sales order qty also are updated.

And coming into 1st point also my statement is correct , just try in your IDES system and update here.

Thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu s

Yes ,, It was happened with my Clint once we changed in po that will updated in so order qnty and scheduled qnty also so .....That is the reason i have mentioned .. so i think it might be user exist

But i will check in IDES Also , i will update

But i have seen Google also some mentors said it will update in both

Thanks a lot

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

FIRST ANSWER THE BELOW TWO QUESTIONS.

1. Did you understand what Shiva has mentioned?

He has clearly mentioned that  you can change the PO qty and in standard it self the same PO changed  qty will be reflected in Sales order schduline lines qty, and he also mentioned that if this is not happening then advised to refer the Note 1361281.

2. Did you read the note?

It says that It will occur if the sales order line item is part of the delivery group or if you have set the complete delivery indicator for the sales order. And it also advised to apply the program code to over come the issue.

Please note: before commenting others just check once in system then talk, don't just blindly through the ball, it will not have good results.

Before also mentioned the same, but you still repeating the same.

Sorry Moderators that i have mentioned some lines in the Note here.

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu

Thanks a lot For your replay... i have never commented Any thing Wrong On your post

just what situation i have faced with My client same thing i have shared

By the by Right now i am not in the situation to check OSS Note .

1. Did you understand what Shiva has mentioned?

He has clearly mentioned that  you can change the PO qty and in standard it self the same PO changed  qty will be reflected in Sales order schduline lines qty

Why i have attached Siva sir post he clearly mentioned sales order qnty and in the Bracket Schedul line qnty also

So please dont think Negative ,  Because i have faced similar situation , so thats way only i have asked you for confirmation..Any way sorry dear

Keep sharing your thought please    

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

there is difference between

1. Sales order qty( in Schedule line qty) which means it is only Schedule line qty not both.

2. Sales order qty and & Schedule line qty : Which means it is both.

So Shiva has mentioned 1st one. Did you get it now? or still you have doubt?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu

Ok thanks a lot For clarifying ....

Please dont angry on me ...in case if i misunderstood some thing

Thanks a lot ... cheers