cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG 7 SP02 - Finance UIBB's collapsed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI We are implementing MDGF SP02 -  We se lot of Finance UIBB's in Cost / Profit center with Collapsed indicator on in Standard content.  I understand the reason was for pefrormance improvement.  We need collapsed indicator off.  Did anyone come across this issue ?

Also to do any changes to Standarad UI, we need Access key.  Just wondering if there is any note ? I did not find any.  Please let me know

Regards,

Saran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Google the following "fpm customization" and you will find many links on how to do so without modifying the original object. This is an example: Customizing FPM Applications - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdulla,

Thanks for the link.

I was able to configure the predelivered UI and see all the colapsed trays. Now I can expand and collapse withut any problem.

However I wanted to check if my approach is correct.

I went to UI Configuration, then in FPM Browser we did WebDynpro ABAP Component Customizing.

After clicking "New" button, I was able to open the UI configuration in Edit Mode and resolved the same in UIBB properties.

I never used the Access Key as system did not ask for any access key.

Can you please let us know if we are taking correct approach.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is one approach. When you did this, you got a yellow ribbon on the top of the screen. This is a client-dependent change. To see the change across clients, you should SCC1 the transport request.

Another approach is to do the same thing using an "enhancement." Open the configuration the normal way. Then, select the "Enhance" option from one of the menus on the top.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helped. Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't need an access key to customize or enhance UIBB's. Please invest some time in learning the basics of FPM customization. You will save yourself a lot of time on the long-run. As far as collapsed UIBB's. These are defaulted to be closed. However, as a user, if you expand a certain UIBB, the next time you open the same application, that UIBB will be expanded. So, you can either leave it for users to expand whatever UIBB's they want. Alternatively, you can customize the application (once you learn about FPM customization), to have the different UIBB panels expanded by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Abdullah,  Not sure if am missing something.  When i try to take off that Collapsable indicator system asks for key.  Will check and get back to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing almost similar problem.

We have installed MDGF 7.0 SP 02. We have also installed

SAP_UI 740 0009 SAPK-74009INSAPUI User Interface Technology .

In the Create CR UI for GL Account ( or any CR) , we are not able to collapse or expand the UI trays.

In cost center UI we can see some trays are even not visible.

Any one faced the same problem or any leads on how to solve this problem.