cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS-Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We have a SAP HR Landscape with ECC 6.0 (without any EHP). We are only using a ABAP Stack.

After applying the latest support packages one transaction requires a Adobe Form 😞

Unfortunately it is not possible to customize the transaction to use a smartform.

So now i need a ADS-Server, right? But is it possible to install a ADS-Server without a JAVA Stack? Or do i need to install a complete JAVA Stack and then configure the ADS-Server?

Best regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your help.

So much things to do only for printing out one document.

best regards,

Klaus

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Hope you have a solution manager system in your landscape. Make use of Java stack available with solution manager. Ensure ADS component exists in the Java stack for solution manager.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

So now i need a ADS-Server, right?

You need a Java stack.

But is it possible to install a ADS-Server without a JAVA Stack? Or do i need to install a complete JAVA Stack and then configure the ADS-Server?

No. It is not possible to use ADS functionality without a Java stack.

You need to install a J2EE system preferably on the same NetWeaver version with ADS components and configure ADS with the ABAP stack.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far as I know, it is not possible without Java stack.

You need to have some Java stack installed and connect you ABAP stack using RFC to the Java stack with ADS server installed.

Kind regards