cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout when importing in metapedia

0 Kudos

Hi,

IS reports a timeout when importing larger sets of terms (>500 terms) and aborts further import.  The import duration is significantly increased after we defined some custom attributes (and include those in the import)

Does IS have an option to change the default timeout value?

gr

Gijsbert Karens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no setting to increase the default timeout of 10 minutes for the Metapedia import process. If the Excel import file is so large that the import process times out, the import file will need to be split into multiple smaller import files that are imported separately.

or else

just try to import only the recent added categories and terms.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I'm trying to load an excel file of 1096 terms, and hitting this timeout issue.

To be honest I take exception at the phrase "If the Excel import is so large";  it is as if you are putting the blame of the issue at the user's feet for being too demanding of the system !?!?!?

Really, this is not a large volume of data by any standard !

If Information Steward really is intended to be used in conjunction with Enterprise scale systems, including SAP ... then it really needs to consider the volume of data it will realistically be asked to handle.

Please can you tell me if there are any plans to improve this functionality ?

Update:

After some further tests, I see that the issue lies with Custom Attributes.

Importing only the standard fields works fine, but as soon as I add Custom Attribute fields to my import file ...

... the import goes at a snails pace.

At an estimate, in the last 20 minutes it's progressed maybe 2%.

Message was edited by: Simon Bush - further detail

li_jin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please see KBA1997178

Thanks,

Li