cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NW ABAP on working HANA DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had installed NW 7.4 (ABAP stack) on HANA. In the meantime, was a little errors in database. After resolving these errors, I have created DB backup.

Backup database was created immediately after installation NW ABAP(only standard components). Now, DB backup working but for some reasons I'm not able recover my NW ABAP installation(no backup). Now is possible install NW ABAP based my working hana db backup? Wheter have to fresh install nw? Maybe anyone know more possibilities?

Thanks, Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now is possible install NW ABAP based my working hana db backup?

No. When you install a new system the system will be created new. You cannot install ABAP components on top of a database backup.

I would do a fresh installation in this case of the backup taken after the installation is not useful.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but I do not have to install fresh database instance? When I will select "fresh install abap" all data on DB will be overwritten after old instance NW?

Regards

OK

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

DB installation is not required but I would consider dropping the schema used by the ABAP system and let the installer create it again.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have any system working with this db, so I can't execute "drop" operation from ABAP. Ok, I will try install without it.

Thanks,

Regards

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi OK,

Before installing the application server, you would have created the Hana DB instance, once you choose this instance in parameters of application server installation, all the tables are filled in that instance, so you can't use anymore, as RB suggested you can  drop the schema or install an additional hana db instance and use for new installation. Later you can remove this one using config tool or Life cycle manager.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it is not possible, when I will type during installation all this same parameters(sid etc.) what were before crash NW ABAP?

EDIT:

What's name general schema used by ABAP? SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SR1

EDIT2:

Can I execute DROP statement by HANA Studio? 🙂

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK,

Only option i see here is uninstall the existing db instance using LCM, create a new instance the same host and install the new nw abap application server and use the newly created DB instance, unless you are not worried about any modeling or customizing done in old application/DB instance However, i would wait for other experts suggestion as well.

If it's new installation, i would be going for adding new db instance and new application server installation only.

regards

kartik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did workaround by installed distributed system. Separately ASCS and DI, and I conntected it to exisiting db.

Regards