cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM publisher/Indexer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I wanted to know how CCM can be done through SAP MDM....I hv went through few documents and came to know about Publisher and Indexer Clients of MDM(5.5 sp04) are used to build the Catalogs on master data of MDM.

Also I need to build a portal application on the master data and Catalog ...can anybody help me on :-

1.Installlation of Software Requirred for Publisher and Indexer.

2.Steps for building the catalog in Publisher.

3.steps for Building the e-portal application

Regards,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alexender,

Thanks for the reply...

I have come across the new problem...

When i installed the MDM publisher client locally and opend it, it askd for the

location of Windows Layout Server....For this i Installed the Layout server on machine on which MDM server is installed(ie not local) ....and then i again opend the publisher and specified Server on which I have installed Layout.....But It gave me follwing ERROR on the server machine and stopped tha Layout service.

runtime error

program :c\....\..
LAYOUT~1\mdmls.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

Do i need to install something more b4 layout server.....??

It would be really very helpful if someone could throw some light on it..

Regards,

Ashwin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Make sure both Layout server and Publisher components are similar version. Layout server needs to be activated before you start MDM Publisher component, I would say you still install layoutserver on the machine where you have installed your Publisher. I thinks this might solve your problem, please feel free to get back to me if anything else doesn't work...

cheers

Alexander.

P.S:Kindly reward the points,if found problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Try this if your problem is still not solved.

Go to the directory where the layout server was installed

Open the <b>Layout Server.ini</b> file

Change the entry under <b><MaximumFamilyAccessConnectWait></b> from <b>30000</b> to <b>90000</b>

This will increase the time to connect to the Layout Server before timing out. It may correct the error you are receiving and allow the connection to take place.

-Tim

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I am working with Ashwin on this and I am facing the same problem

The Publisher is Version 5.5 SP4 (5.5.33.13)

Layout Server version is 5.5 but I not still not sure how to find out the exact version

I tried enabling all services in services.msc (incl the RFC ones) so that dependencies do not cause any problem

but it hasnt solved the problem

Everytime it gives the Virtual Function call error, the MDM Layout Server 5.5 service stops in services.msc and i have to restart it manually

I even tried making the changes you suggested such as changing <MaximumFamilyAccessConnectWait> from 30000 to 90000 but to no avail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

If you open the INSTALL.LOG file in the Layout Server install folder it will show you what version was installed. (i.e. Title: SAP MDM Layout Server 5.5 SP4). I doubt this is your problem since the software was downloaded together from the site.

I assume you've tried reinstalling both the layout server and the publisher?

Are there any error messages during the installs?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem with the same version (5.5.33.13).

In my INSTALL.LOG file of the Layout Server the version is SAP MDM Layout Server 5.5 SP4.

An other error is:Could not Self-Register: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll

That is all.

Does anyone know help?

Regards

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are some new informations about this error. I have changed my Installation

to 5.5.36.23. After adding a new repository, the publisher works fine with that

new one. After importing the Article repository from the business content of SAP,

the publisher and/or the layout manager crashes. Maybe SAP never tested their own repositories

with the publisher?!?!

The result is: I still do not know what to do, to get my publisher work.

Regards

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anybody know more about this problem?

I have MDM 5.5 SP4 Patch 4 installed for the Layout Server and Indexer (and of course the rest servers and clients).

When i start the Indexer, sometimes it starts perfectly, but i can click whatever i want and always a grey pane is shown. When i try to change details for a indexkey ( i only have one created) i always get the message: Runtime Error! Programm: ...\mdls.exe R0625 - pure virtual function call.

I can't change anything, and a reinstall of all components and trying other repositories didn't result an anwser... Maybe somebody knows more....

Thanks for help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alexender/Tim,

Thanks for ur invaluable replies.

I have installed Layout server on my machine.

I have increased connection time in Layout server.ini to 90000

However, the problem is not solved yet.....I m getting the same error the first time I open the publisher ..while the next time it asks me to enter the layout server and when i put the host name of the local machine (where layout server is now installed )and click ok ....it opens the same pop up of the Layout server without throwing error and again asks me to specify Layout server....

Regarding the version... i m using the MDM dump download for the market place..

So, i thnk the publisher and Layout server are of the same version.....however, i hvnt seen version V1 or V4 anywhere in layout server and Publisher...if u tell me where to check for them ie( in whch folder/file) i can look into corresponding file/folder to check the versions....

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Regarding the layout server issue.

Please check the version of layout server.

Because if we use the lower version of layout server (Say V13) for higher version of MDM (Say V26) it will throw this kind of pure virtual function call error.

Pls have a look at the link to know more about this error.

It is a Visual C++ application error. It happens when a program try to call a function which is not defined.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

Please install the correct version of layout server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

<b>Rich Product Catalog management</b> is one of the two MDM Business Scenario powered by SAP Netweaver which like the GDS scenario exists in addition to the IT scenario variants MDC, MDH and CMDM.

The focus of <b>PCM</b> is not consolidation or harmonization of master data in a heterogeneous landscape of SAP systems but the <b>administration of a product catalogue including publishing.</b>

1. MDM Publisher, MDM Indexer components required, apart from this few Publishing tools like Quark express and Adobe In Design CS2.

All the documentation available at <u>MDM5.5 Installation & Implementation Documentation Center avalable on the SAP Service Market place http://service.sap.com.</u>;

hope this might help a bit....

thanks

Alexander.

P.S:Kindly reward the points, if found problem solved...