0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, our transport having two deliveries for A and B leaves 

from Company Warehouse to Destination A and then leaves === Route A

from Destination A to Destination B === Route B

We have to pay different rates for both destination e.g

from company warehouse to Dest: A (say 1 dollar per carton) and

from Dest: A to Dest: B (say 2 dollars per carton);

So what route should be selected in shipment as both routes have different rates; if we select route A, it only calculates cost for Route A and if we select route B, it only calculates cost for Route B ------ whereas we have to pay both costs in actual.

Please guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your scenario you are having 2 delivery documents. When assigning it to a shipment document in VT01N are you able to mention the different routes such as "route A" and  "route B " against the corresponding delivery documents.

if so check the shipment cost simulation and confirm if you are able to trigger it based on different routes.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi Kumar:

I am able to change the shipment route i-e I can assign any route to it (Route A, Route B, or even Route C); shipment cost then gets calculated on this route and the rate of this routes get multiplied with quantity of both deliveries which is wrong

@Sandip chavan

I've defined the stages as well and its working fine, but shipment cost is calculated wrongly because it takes the rate of route in shipment, whereas there are two deliveries each with different route and both routes have different rate per carton. So the costing is not being done on these routes in delivery;

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the deliveries assigned to the stages?

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nash,

Yes the deliveries are assigned to stages, being shown properly in each stage, also we have assigned the forwarding agent, pricing procedure, but it is taking route information from shipment header and calculating the cost on rates of shipment header route instead of individual route as defined in deliveries;

Former Member
0 Kudos

general question: Is it normal procedure for goods to only be GP'd after arrival? I noticed the Mining industry has a separate account for this purpose

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mehmood

please check this link once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmood

I think this requirement can be met using the standard SAP shipment cost calculation procedure.

Path: SPRO > LE > Transportation > Shipment Cost.

Also you need to define stanges for your routes also. i.e. within a route define stages as follows

Company Warehouse to Destination A = Stage 1.

Destination A to Destination B = Stage 2

Search in google for more details on this topic as there are many documents explaining above in detail.