cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP09 (SAPKITLRD9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I`m in preperation phase for patching the solution manager plugin tools at the satelite systems, in detail:

From SP08 SAPKITLRD8 -> to SAPKITLRD9 (1 Package via SPAM)

From ST-A/PI 01Q_731 -> to 01R_731 (1 Package via SAINT)

My question is on the SPAU phase, just started the test import for SAPKITLRD9 package and SPAU phase shows up with 4 objects.

When I run SPAU transaction its empty (due to it´s just a test import).

Should the SPAU for ST-PI component be done by SAP Basis or by a developer? Normally there is no customer development in

the ST-PI component. There was this snote (1878184) imported some time ago which solves some ST-PI Bugs and changed 4 objects so I think these modified ST-PI objects are affected by SPAU?

If no developer is needed for this ST-PI Update it would be very time saving if SPAU can be done by SAP Basis.

BR,

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I totaly agree with you. Basically SPAU is done by developers. But in this case I would say SAP Basis team can run SPAU themselves.

But remember that it also very depends on you organization and company rules.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamil,

thank you very much for your answer. Regarding the SPAU: as the imported ST-PI support packages are newer as the previous imported snote correction regarding older ST-PI packages - should the modifications be accepted or reseted to the original?

BR,
Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, in my opinion and according to the SAP Note 1878184 - ST-PI: SAP HANA Download function module > ST-PI SP 08 :

If you implemented SAP Note 1878184 on ST-PI 08 and now you are going to implement ST-PI 09, I would say keep the previous modifications (meaning those made by SAP Note). Because there is written it also applies something for ST-PI 09 and newer versions.

If you have ST-PI without the SAP Note and implementing ST-PI 09 now, I would implement also the SAP Note after.

Please, remember, that it is only my opinion and the way how I understood this problem. I am not sure with that. But if you will try how it works, I would be glad to know the final solution :c)

Answers (0)