cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Expected Message Date and Expected Event Date in Update Expected Event Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to Event Management. Can you please let me know the following:

1. The difference between Expected Message Date and Expected Event Date options available in Update Expected Event Profile.

2. What is their detailed purpose.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you can distinguish between datetime the event happens and the datetime when the message arrival is expected.

There are scenarios where the message is sent later (e.g. in a batch processing or simply entered later by a person in the EM Web UI). If there is such a case you will the set the event only to overdue when the message expected date is reached and not already when the event date is reached.

If no Message expected date is maintained the fields on the DB will contain both the expected event date.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the prompt response. But I am not totally clear. I am trying to configure a scenario, it would be great if you can explain with that example.

The scenario is:

1. As soon as any sales order (created manually through VA01 trx.) is created in Application Server, it should be reported in SAP EM. I believe the Expected and Actual Event Date should be same in this case. But this is my assumption only.

2. All sales orders are Credit blocked, so as soon as Credit Block of Sales Order is Released (say through VKM3 trx.), then this Event should be recorded in SAP EM. Credit Block on Order should be releases within 24 hours of the order creation. How Expected Message Date (EMD) and Expected Event Date (EED) will behave in this case.

Also, which options should I select in Event Configuration (under Profiles) for both EMD and EED?

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you send the events from an application system event exp. date and message exp. date should be the same as there will be no delay in the message sending.

1. As soon as any sales order (created manually through VA01 trx.) is created in Application Server, it should be reported in SAP EM. I believe the Expected and Actual Event Date should be same in this case. But this is my assumption only.

-> Depends what you enter as Exp Event date in your extractor. >If you take actual datetime then yes it would be more or less the same when the event is sent in the same call.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

1. Sales Order Creation Expected Event:

Set Date rule to 1. From Application system in both Expected message date and Expected event date.

You don't know when the sales order is created, so we can't set actual or expected event.

2. Sales Order Credit Block Expected Event:

Expected event date:

Event Date rule - 2. Relative to Unique Event

Event Duration - 24:00

Duration Sign - +Add Duration

Group Number - "Add your previous Sales Order creation group number"

Item Number - "Add your previous Sales Order creation Item number"

Calculation rule - Set 4. Actual Event Date

You can download configuration of SAP EM Order Fulfillment visibility process from SAP Service Marketplace which has preconfigured set of templates which can help you to configure basic things.

Also, you need to do as per Steffen suggestion.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (0)