Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT leveling and multiple skill in sap PS

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As client wants that one activity can be performed by multiple skills(eg one activity can be performed by 1 carpenter 3 driver etc) as we are not getting any thing which support this (eg-workcenter multiple capacity ) Note -client do not have HR .So we are going with creating skills as PRT and then assigning them in activity material component.

Please suggest the right way to achieve this or how can we level projects PRT.

Thanks

Suraj prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

you can cover your requirement by activity type which contain different price so you can put according to your category like painter, helper i.e.

then assign it to internal activity of network and put hours and work center with combination of activity type.

Regards,
Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I am not sure you can combine multiple skills into one Activity. Since you cannot input different hours spent, unless you have different activity types in work centre.

What is your client expectation after obtaining this logic, are they gng to confirm the hours spend by these people (skills) HR not available, so cost cannot be captured... or this is just reporting.

Regards

Terence

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

I have given multiple capacity categories in work center  as shown.

But in Project activity only option is available to give capacity.

As you wrote "Since you cannot input different hours spent, unless you have different activity types in work centre".

How to give have different activity types in work centre?

Thanks

Suraj prakash

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As standard in SAP, one Activity per usage is followed, so you are not allowed to club two skils (mech / elec) in one operation. You will be forced to enter two activity, one for mech and one for elec.

On the work center, go to costing tab, you will find multiple activities can be filled, check whether this can be used for your requirement.

Normally this is used to calculate the different pricing for roles like Labour / Engineer / Manager etc.

Regards

Terence

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

After Assigning multiple activity type can we assign multiple activity type in one activity of project ?

In CR02 i can see only one activity type all though i have others also created in kl01.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

No you cannot assign multiple activity type in one operation, work center can have multiple activity, so the cost can be calculated accordingly.

This is how SAP is defined.

On the activity issue in work center, check whether the activity KL01 is assigned to Controlling  area 1000. Check my manually entering the activity and press enter to see the missing link.

Thanks

Terence