cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample quantity determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created inspection plan for one material, the inspection plan has two operations, operation 1 has two inspection characteristics assigned and both are assigned a sampling procedure of fixed sample of 9. Operation 2 has one inspection characteristic and sampling procedure is fixed sample of 5.

Now when inspection lot created, the sample quantity is determined as 18, per my understanding it should be 9 which is the largest sample among the 3 characteristics. 

Can anybody explain me the logic of sample calculation based on sampling procedure?

Thanks

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny, Can you please check if you have maintained base sample quantity as 2.00 in inspection plan for operation 1? Try maintaining 1 there.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The base sample quantity is 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The reason should be with the settings of multiple samples in sampling procedure, for this sampling procedure independent multiple samples are applied.

But actually I do not understand the use of multiple samples, if in case you know, please explain to me.

Thanks

Danny

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For all each MICs in both the operation is it 1? I just stimulated the similar case and the system is calculating sample size 9. But if I change base sample quantity of any MIC in any operation to 2, then it calculates 18 i.e. 2x9

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct! It is because of number of samples 2 against independent multiple samples.

In case of independent multiple samples -

1. In QA32, select the MIC and click on detail recording view.
  2. You can notice that below characteristic number there is sample. It would be default 1.
  3. When you will finish with 9 individual results recording and when you evaluate it, sample shifts to 2.
  4. Thus for the same MIC you record 18 results. 9 in set 1 against (sample 1), and remaining 9 in another set with (sample 2).
  5. Somehow you can correlate it to inspection points.
  6. As the number of samples is set as 2, it shows you have record 18 results.
  7. If you change it to 1, only 9 will be there.

Regards,

Anand

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Danny,

Since you are using Indep. multiple smps, you have an additional valuation rule.

It means that for inspection results each sample is valuated separately.

When the individual samples is valuated, the characteristic is valuated using the valuation rule for multiple samples which in your case is 2 (2x9).

Regards,

Natália

Answers (0)