SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump occurs when creating Device Info Record [EG44]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to SAP Utilities.

I'm checking the functions of Device Management in the test environment and have faced some problems.

Could you give me a tip to solve the below error?

<Error>

When I execute the transaction below, ABAP Programming Error (short dump) occurs.

Utilities Industry -> Device Management -> Device Installation -> Device Info Record -> Create [EG44]

The detailed error message is described in the attached text file "[EG44]Runtime Error_Description of Exception.txt".

The same error occurs when I execute change(EG41) and display(EG43) of Device Info Record as well.

I really appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By the looks of it, some mandatory customizing (system parameters for Device Information record) has not been done: see 522055 - Short dump when reading Customizing data.

Being new is no excuse for not knowing how to search SAP OSS... - if you do not have OSS access you absolutely will need it and will need to use it frequently in order to work efficiently. I found the note in about minute, which is probably less than what you needed to prepare the post.

cheers

Jānis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By the looks of it, some mandatory customizing (system parameters for Device Information record) has not been done: see 522055 - Short dump when reading Customizing data.

Being new is no excuse for not knowing how to search SAP OSS... - if you do not have OSS access you absolutely will need it and will need to use it frequently in order to work efficiently. I found the note in about minute, which is probably less than what you needed to prepare the post.

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hi Jānis,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I need to know how to use OSS a little more.

Thanks for your advise as well.

Kotaro

0 Kudos

You are welcome I often get to the desired results the fastest if I do a simple search on programming object names, so that's what I usually start with. This time it was either ISU_SYSTEMPARAMETER_MM or isu_07_read_customize_data.

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Thanks for telling me the tips on searching.

Those search terms are really helpful.

Thank you.

Kotaro