cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install JAVA Stack for CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have installed CRM 7.0 EHP3 AS ABAP over Windows 2012+SQL 2012 and I want to install AS JAVA CRM 7.0 EHP3

I recenlty upgraded my NW AS JAVA 7.3 to NW AS JAVA 7.4, can I use this NW AS JAVA to implement CRM 7.0 EHP3 AS JAVA Stack?

what package do I need to deploy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So from what I understand you have a NW 7.4 Java system you upgraded from NW 7.3. I am assuming this is standalone Java stack.

you can technically put CRM Java 703 as an add-on to this but it will be tricky. I think the best way to do that will be use Maint optimizer to select appropriate components. run an Maint optimizer transaction and see if it shows up SAP CRM as add-on to this. If it does, you should be able to put in all correct components along with appropriate add-ons.

doing it manually, you will have to pick all relevant CRM java components and still I think it will be tricky to get it working. Honestly I have not done it.

Easiest way to do it of-course will be to install a standalone Java stack system with CRM components to start with but then of-course you will end up with a separate java stack. We did the same and now we have 6 java stack business systems to serve various business add-ons. I would love to consolidate them to fewer but too lazy to put in the efforts. 

Do update the message with your findings, it will be interesting to know how it worked. Maybe it encourages me to take the initiative.

hope this helped

regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

The ABAP and java should be of same version, hence do not use the upgraded netweaver.

Best approach would be to do a fresh installation of AS JAVA CRM 7.0 EHP3 and set the existing ABAP as UME of this java system. And also use the same database for this java system. Thats MCOD.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought that CRM 703 AS JAVA was a NW AS JAVA 7.4

Which version of NW AS JAVA will be installed?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From NW 7.4 (CRM 7.0 EHP3) onwards SAP will not support dual stack. In CRM system you have to install CRM ABAP & JAVA in different SID's. so better you can do the fresh installation, keep both stack on same version

Kindly refer the CRM installation master guide

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000726052013E/crm_master_guide_ehp3.pdf

BR

SS

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As the CRM ABAP is presently on NetWeaver 7.4 then install the Java based on the same release.

Regards

RB