cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Gateway for SAPUI5 Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are working on a requirement in which we would like to have a front end UI5 application. We need some inputs on how some the following can be achieved -

1. Front End Application is developed in SAPUI5 using Eclipse

2. The resulting project is uploaded into ECC system as a BSP Application

3. Services created in Gateway system to consume front end data and interact with ECC back end

4. How can my BSP application connect to the services in Gateway? Is it possible?

To sum this up, we are looking at Front End -> ECC -> Gateway -> ECC flow. We have developed application which had Front End -> Gateway -> ECC wherein the BSP application sits in our Gateway system. We need inputs on how we can change the existing process to ensure BSP sits in ECC without affecting the requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through these document first.

1. Front End Application is developed in SAPUI5 using Eclipse

--->This is what we do when we develop SAPUI5 applications on netweaver Gateway.Install SAPUI5 plugins and ABAP Repository team provider plugin in eclipse. Which enables you to develop the same. Make sure, you have UI component installed in your ECC system and you have netweaver gateway installed and configured.

2. The resulting project is uploaded into ECC system as a BSP Application

---> ABAP team repository plugin in eclipse enables this. All UI5 apps are deployed i the BSP container

3. Services created in Gateway system to consume front end data and interact with ECC back end

--->Use ODta APIs and consume the OData projects direclty in UI5 project

4. How can my BSP application connect to the services in Gateway? Is it possible?

-->BSP application is just a container for your UI5 project. Your BSP app does not connect to the OData, but the UI5 itself will do the same.

Regards

Sree