cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS security object c_drad_obj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I've been testing different scenarios all day and just did a web search to see if anyone has posted anything about this in the past.  I came up with zero on both counts.

We are new to DMS at my company.  Our objective is to give some users full access to DMS and others no access.  I have found that our existing user roles already pull in Document Management security object CV, I think because the user has access MM03.  For example our sales role has the c_drad_obj object assigned, but we don't want this role to have access to DMS.  No matter what I change the options to in the security object, it doesn't have any effect.

I was under the impression that I can restrict the activity / document type / linked SAP object / document status in the c_drad_obj object.  But as I previously said, no matter what I set these to, even to disable the object itself, it doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do realize that C_DRAD_OBJ is relevant only for Object Links stored in table DRAD? Not all documents will have Object Links. See Authorization Objects for Documents - Document Management - SAP Library for details on DMS authorizations. The main table for documents is DRAW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

My documents do have an object link.  I did check the DRAD table and my documents have an entry.

Regards,

Julie