cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Database Space Increasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have noticed that our IDM Database Space is Increasing.

As per the details from the database, MXMC_OPER user is using most of the space in the database, it is consuming around 120 GB. Please find the list of tables which are consuming space under that user.

We found

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The syslog is directly related to the loglevel you configure on dispatchers and runtimes. If you run your production database in info/extended or debug logging you can get these kind of issues because the syslog table should contain 1000 rows with default settings. The table is cleared by maximum 1000 rows at a time and in some cases we see systems logging more than the cleanup is able to handle causing this issue as well. The reason for this is to reduce the number of locks and the risk of a table lock which would cause processing to stop during the cleanup.

If you do a count on mc_syslog, how many rows do you get? Default size is 1000 rows.

Check your dispatcher and runtime log settings.

The good thing is that the mc_syslog table is one of the few tables that can safely be emptied without affecting the system, It can even be truncated in emergencies if deleting its contents and shrinking it is not possible or too time consuming. Just check that you dont get backup problems if you do that.

Br,

Chris

Message was edited by: Per Krabsetsve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IDM 7.2 there is a defect in the housekeeping procedure to clean-up the system logs from the table. It does not cleanup more than 1000 records per a night (default schedule of the housekeeping procedure). I already reported the issue to IDM product team.

Ideally the old logs shall be cleaned regularly by the housekeeping procedure.

But due to the defect in the housekeeping you should wherther to clean the logs manually or to schedule the housekeeping more often.

BR, Siarhei

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And now to your question. What was it again? You need to ask something, if you want answers, Aman. *g*

Regards,
Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

My question is how to stop this Increase Increase In Database Space

Aman

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aman,

What version of IDM are you using?  I'd advise you to clear your logs (available as a housekeeping function, I believe) or you can do it manually via MMC, clear the main system log at the very least.

Also take a look at https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001223922010E, specifically Section 5.6.3 - 6.

That should give you some ideas on managing the size of the database.

Regards,

Matt