cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration to C4C from SFDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to migrate data from Salesforce to SAP C4C. Is it possible? If so how?

I am new to SAP C4C would appreciate some help on this topic in detail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kayal,

We did this for one of our internal Customers.

As mentioned by Ginger, we took a dump of all the Productive data from SF.Com, cleansed it, populated migration templates of Cloud Solution with this data & performed manual load into the Cloud system using the Migration workbench.

Few inputs on this:

1. Data Cleansing will be a task in itself, so make sure you are completely familiar with the Cloud Data migration templates, & read the Introduction sheets & Fields sheet thoroughly before you populate data from SF.com to Cloud templates.

2. Data format has to be maintained as permitted in the templates, refer to the last sheet of the template which you sue for migration for All the fields with their data types & length permitted.

3. Make sure you download Value conversions while you do first time migration so that you can use them later when you do further Data migration, this will save time on converting values again & again while performing uploads.

The other option is to use SAP's Rapid Data Migration services, which is a tool available from SAP which allows you to create mappings between Cloud & other systems from which you want to migrate.

This I believe comes with an additional cost & you would need a proper KT from one of the SAP's experts to use this tool.

I would still suggest go by the manual load.

Hope this helps!

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your suggestion. it certainly helped us.

Another thing that i would like to clarify if you can help is whether is it possible to modify the data migration template in any way?

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kayal,

Please elaborate on what exactly you mean when you say Modify DM template? What's the use case for this, shed some more light to understand & give inputs on this.

Also, SAP recommends not to modify the templates in any way, and it is logical since these are XML input to C4C system which takes inputs from these templates in a defined format to ensure the placement of uploaded data into the right fields & Objects. Any change will impact the data load & consistency & you may encounter errors while doing the load or the data might not look consistent if it allows you to load data post modification of the template.

The only modification that can be done is adding Custom/Extension fields, however this too CANNOT be done directly into the template.

The process is to create a Custom/Extension field from the KUT (Adapt mode) & then download the specific template, this should show the new field that you created automatically in the template.

Hope this information helps.

Let me know for any further queries.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I did mean to ask about the custom/extension fields, so thanks for the quick response.

Regards,

Reecha

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Kayal.

Also, if you think your query is answered, please mark this thread as answered & Close it.

Lets follow SCN process!

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for shedding light on this.

I have a similar issue.

We are performing a data migration from the legacy to C4C system, which isn't integrated with an On Premise CRM system.

I understand that to do this we need to use the Cloud for Customer Data Migration templates, and load the data manually

However, I couldn't find the a template for Service tickets and the linked tasks.

Kindly advice on how to go about loading the Service Tickets onto the C4C.

Any help would be appreciated.

You may choose to reply on the below discussion I had created.

Many Thanks and Regards,

Pratik.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my reply on the thread you mentioned.

BR

Ankur

Andreas_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Imports on C4C Edge on already existing data, overwrite them?

In other words, we can update the already imported data? (e.g. customer balance)

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kayal

C4C has a migration workbench you can use - you can see some details in the admin guide at https://service.sap.com/cloud4customer.    From sales force you can download the data - go on and get an example file so you can start the mapping in the migration workbench.  

I'm assuming this is a one time migration, or will both systems need continued integration?

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ginger. I will go through the documents and check.