cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

How can I make some fields mandatory while creating a cost center and also auto populate some of the fields from input values.

Thanks,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anusha

On your point 2 - i.e how to populate fields automatically - instead of using BRF, create a dummy CR and add all the fields which you want to populate. Keep this CR active in the inbox always. Then when you create a new CR next time, use this CR as reference to get the required default data.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

is it possible in MDG6.1?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes only possible in 6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Can you share the procedure?

My assumption is that we can copy existing CR as referance for new C in MDG 7.0 and future versions only.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sajnay

1. Create a new CR and keep in changes in executable status

2. Go to search - give GL account. Select that GL account

3. Use copy function - change the GL with your new GL and change the company code.

add the data for new company code and submit the change request.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

That means we have to specify GL account in creation of blank reqiest process so that it can be savede in MDG table in inactive status correct? Then use same GL account while creating new CR and update GL account number as a reviewer. Correct? .

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Don't specify the GL. You can use the blank GL to store the data.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha

You can make fields mandetory by making attributes in MDG as Required in Edit Data Model for respective entity type or If you want to require entity type as mandetory then define relationship 1:1 in Edit Data Model

Also auto pupulating field value is also possible using BRF+ derivations.

BRF+ derivation & validation rules are only triggered for entities that were changed. Also, keep in mind that BRF+ derivation & validation rules can only see one entity object at a time. If you need derivations across entities, you will need to implement the cross-entity BAdI