Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PRGN_INTERFACE_USER deleting SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm having trouble deleting of users with sap_all and sap_new. I am using the FM PRGN_INTERFACE_USER but is not solving the .Passo following parameters: Profile: sap_all, user: ALEBWSEMBPS, action: 'D' and perform_checks: 'X'. Anyone have any idea what is happening. Have sy-SUBRC = 0 return.

Thank you and regards.

Erlon Lourenço

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a function for "wizards" and has been changed in the recent years to make checks, respect CUA, etc.

You should use the correct APIs -> BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, then remove the Profiles from the exported list, and then call BAPI_USER_PROFILES_ASSIGN (or the CUA equivalent for LOCal profiles to be (re)assigned).

Cheers,

Julius

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a function for "wizards" and has been changed in the recent years to make checks, respect CUA, etc.

You should use the correct APIs -> BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, then remove the Profiles from the exported list, and then call BAPI_USER_PROFILES_ASSIGN (or the CUA equivalent for LOCal profiles to be (re)assigned).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius, Thank you.

I need to delete only the sap_all and sap_new. The BAPI BAPI_USER_PROFILES_ASSIGN solve this problem ou there are other? Can guide please?

Regards,
Erlon Lourenço

0 Kudos

Yep, this is the old only API to (un)assign profiles in non-CUA systems.

Cheers,

Julius

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche

0 Kudos

Hi Julius.

Solved! Thank you very much!!!

Regards,

Erlon Lourenço

0 Kudos

Hi Julius.

Suggested that the BAPIs used. In DEV, it ok but in QAS for my User deletes correctly and the other got the following message:

You know what might be happening?

Regards,

Erlon Lourenço

0 Kudos

I think I know what is happening...

If you test the same thing twice and the same results, then sometimes you get different results. This is normal if the first test processed the result already.

The corollary is to test the same thing a multiple of times and expect different results.

That is IT for you.... can't win. Can't loose. Just does not work when you really need it.

If you provide more infos then perhaps I and others can provide less "Murphy's Law" solutions...  🙂

Cheers.

Julius

ps: Is the CUA active there, or any prototyping of it in the test systems?

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

Solved. I hasn't profile to delete the users in QAS. :S.

Thank you.

Regards,

Erlon Lourenço