Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtigation monitor issue.

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to assign one of the mitigating monitor as monitor for one of the mitigating control YY_F001 but I cannot.

I did the required setting in owner assignement I clicked on Mitigation Monitor and Mitigation approver after selcting the user saved it.

When I am going to mitigating control opening it and trying to save him under owner in Mitigating control I cannot search the user.

I can see this user in acces control owner but cannot search in mitigating controls owner. I  thoguth may be synchronization but it didnt resolved.

This control was migrated from GRC  5.3 to GRC AC10.1

Regards,

Abhisshek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You also need to define the Mitigation Approver and Monitor under organization tab.

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

I already maintained it there in organiation as a Owner

Still the same issue.

Regards,

Abhisshek

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shek,

coming back to what Neeraj mentioned: you need to define the approver/monitor as owner in the exact organization where your mitigating control is assigned to. There is no inheriting from top to down. Hence also check that.

Did you try to create a new mitigating contol and to assign the owner there? Does that work?

Regards

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Are you sure that, you have mapped mitigation monitor and mitigating controllers with correct types under the owners section..?

There is no point of having any jobs sync run, if you are doing something directly in NWBC, as it would be there only.

Under mitigating controls --> create --> after filling up the details under general tab and save, you must be able to search for the owners under "owner" tab

Regards,

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, for the completness of this topic, the following pre-requirements have to be done before a monitor/approver can be assigned to a mitigating control in AC 10.X.

Create owner in Access Control Owner with the type (Mitigation Approver and/or Mitigation Monitor):

Add the owner to the organization (be aware that this must be the same organization as used in your control):

Assign the control to the correct organization:

Now you are able to add the owner to the control:

Hope this makes it clear (also for others).

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

I saw the mitigating control organization and maintained the user in same organization.

I was able to search the user then under owner tab in mitigating control.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Abhisshek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things to be cross checked:
1. Check the AC Owners maintained under the Organization used in Mitigation.

2. Mitigation Monitor and Mitigation Approver - checkboxes checked under Access Control Owners option in NWBC.

Try to maintain a fresh user (not migrated from 5.3) as in step 1 & 2 above and then try - just to nail down the cause.