Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError during Solman Setup activities

robertom
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a new Soution Manager 7.1 Stack 11 where the steps System Preparation and Basic Configuration have  been perfored copletely and sucessfuly.

Now I'm doing the Managed System scenario to attach an Abap system,  ABC, composed by a CI and an AS.

I'm in step Connect Diagnostic Agent.

For the CI I was able to connect the SMD agent to the solution Manager with the command smdsetup managingconfig (I used also the ldconf option), and so was able to select it and to assign to the ABC instance.

Now  I want to connect also the SMD agent running on the AS, in order to make the step 'green' and to go ahead.

Unfortunately it is not possible, despite I'm able to see the SMD agent running on the AS into the SLD Agent Candidates popup, (with a green light ), I'm  not able to select it to assign to the As instance.

The smdsetup managingconfig command fails with the error:

"Execute the action 'managingconf' to update connection information to connect to Managing system.

File configuration/runtime.properties generated.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/utils/Base64Exception

......."

Instead the command smdsetup ldconf was terminated successully.

Pratically the error is described in note 1885526 - Diagnostics Agent is not listed in the Managed System Configuration, but  I  can't  solve it as the smdsetup managingconfig command goes in abends.

Both the SMD agent on the CI and on the AS host have the same release (rel  7110,  patchno    37), anche the iaik libraries are in place in the same directories on both servers.

Some advises ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Check if the file "ib\iaik\iaik_jce.jar" is missing from your agent installation.

The path is relative to the Diagnostics Agent installation path, for which you are getting the error when executing the smdsetup script.

So the path lib\iaik\iaik_jce.jar is a relative path to the Diagnostics Agent install path (eg \usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent ). Of course 'DAA' and 'SMDA98' will depend on your installation.

In case it is really missing, have in mind that the IAIK libraries are loaded only when some security functions (authentication via certificate, file resources encryption... ) are enabled for the agent, so it will depend on each agent configuration.

A simple way to solve this should be :

- Edit the smdsetup.sh or smdsetup.bat scrip which is failing

- In the classpath definition, replace lib\iaik\iaik_jce.jar (since it does not exist) by lib\iaik_jce_export.jar  (which should exist on all agent installations).

bets regards,

Fabricius

robertom
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

thanks to your suggestion the command ./smdsetup.sh managingconf  worked fine.

I did also stop-start of the agent.

But despite this in Solman Setup, step Assign Diagnostic Agent, for the As instance running on this host is still not possible to select the agent.

It appears in green into the SLD agent candidates, but it's not proposed , for the AS instance.

What's it is missing now ?

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

1. Kindly check whether iaik_jce.jar files are located in the below directory or not /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<XX>/SMDAgent/lib and /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<xx>/SMDAgent/lib/iaik.

2. Also run the above setup with daaadm user or if you are running with different user then check whether the file is access by the user or not.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

0 Kudos

try Installing Java Runtime Environment on your AS Instance and rerun smdsetup managingconfig command.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Registering to SLD is used when you system in not available.

However, you connect directly to solman using any of below setup commands:

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<fqn>" port:"<MS httpPort>" user:"<...>" pwd:"<...>"

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"<fqn>" port:"<p4 port>" user:"<value>" pwd:"<value>"

Regards,

Divyanshu