cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start work order transmit error - Syclo 75 Maximo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.  I have run into an error during the transmit function after Starting a work order.  The work order upload correctly into the handheld, I choose the Start WO function, the status changes to STARTED on the handheld.  But when I transmit I get an error.  Here is a copy of the transmit error: : 2 lines, 0 non-printing characters, 283 total characters StartWorkorderSteplet::rethrow::Steplet::rethrowing exception - WO #115745185 - com.syclo.agentry.BusinessLogicException: StatusChangeFailure: WO #115745185 - BMXAA4590E - Could not change Work Order 115745185 status to STARTED. BMXAA4190E - Status STARTED is not in the value list. 2014/08/22 15:17:44.951:            + User=deaberna 2014/08/22 15:17:44.951:              : 2 lines, 0 non-printing characters, 325 total characters StartWorkorderSteplet::rethrow::Steplet::rethrowing exception - com.syclo.agentry.BusinessLogicException: WO #115745185 - com.syclo.agentry.BusinessLogicException: StatusChangeFailure: WO #115745185 - BMXAA4590E - Could not change Work Order 115745185 status to STARTED. BMXAA4190E - Status STARTED is not in the value list. 2014/08/22 15:17:45.076:          + BackEnd=SQL-1 2014/08/22 15:17:45.076:            Rollback database transaction When I reviewed the work order data and steplet process I noticed that the approved work orders (two different synonyms of APPR: APPRWRK and READY) are uploading to the handheld but the ReceivedWorkorderStepHandler doesn't seem to be changing the status of the work order to RECEIVED (synonym of INPRG) in Maximo.  Therefore the above error is shown when I try to change the status from APPRWRK to STARTED.  The logs show the  ReceivedWorkorderStepHandler is being called during the Work Order object upload read step and goes though the progression but seems to return a WORemote size=0 and WOstatus=CAN during the try method of the Workorder run(). But no errors until it tries to change the status to STARTED for the transmit on the download.  The work order remote object just seems to return an empty set for the ReceivedWorkorderStepHandler.  I reviewed this for the HoldWorkorderStephandler and it also return an empty set but the function runs correctly. I have attached the log snippet showing theReceivedWorkorderStepHandler piece of the transmit. The jar files are up to date and the other work order status progressions seems to work fine. Any assistance/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pete

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a followup to the original post.  The issue causing the error was in a customization on the WOSTATUS domain that was preventing a work order from the approved status directly to the in progress status (STARTED).  This was resolved in the code and the functionality works correctly now. Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pete,

Did you apply the Syclo obejcts to the database?  My first guess is teh synonyms are not setup correctly in Maximo and hence the error.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill.  Thanks for the response.  Yes the Syclo objects were applied on install.  The APPR synonyms (APPRWRK and READY) and the INPRG synonyms (STARTED, HOLD) are all there and work correctly through the front end of Maximo. But on this point when I look at the Syclo tables (SYCLOSTATUS, SYCLOSERVERSTAT) all of the APPR and INPRG synonyms appear in the R status (Received).  Is this the correct set up?  I'll test this but thought you may know off the top of your head. Thanks, Pete