cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer internal cost from SAP TM to SAP ERP (ECC).

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to use the shipper scenario in SAP TM. We will use both internal and external resources (trucks) For the use of external resources I understand that we can transfer the planned cost from SAP TM to SAP ERP (ECC) and post a PO for the purchase of transport services. For the use of internal trucks (own fleet), can we type in a calculated internal cost in SAP TM and transfer the cost to SAP ERP (ECC)? How do we post the cost in SAP ERP (ECC)? Which Interface is used to transfere the internal cost? Can we use the Profitability Calculation function for the shipper scenario? Regards Torjus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torjus Hegland,

We are facing the same issue in our project, could you please share to us how you solved it?

We appreciate your comments

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on whether you want these internal costs to be allocated to your delivery items(in case of outbound transportation) or the material(in case of inbound), you will need to use the functionality of Agency Billing for this case.

In case of inbound shipments (for an MM PO) these costs are posted to the material accounts by way of an ABD. For outbound shipments these costs are posted to CO-PA.

Please refer to the details in SPRO>Logistics General>Agency Business

Best Regards

narender

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

on our project, we are also using internal and external resources. We are using sales orders, FUs and FOs in both cases. Up to our release 9.1, internal costs cannot be activated for FOs that are based on FUs from OTRs. The functionality is only there for forwardign orders. I have checked this with SAP AG before looking for altenatives. However, there are Workarounds. You can calculate external costs on the freight order, transfer them to ERP (Using Standard ERP Integration customizing) and generate a PO. The vendor is the company itself (Carrier on the FO). As this vendor will never invoice real transportation costs, correction bookings will have to be done to revert the accruals and the accounts payable. But, at least the full cost can be affected to the erp item and reported in CO-PA. Also, cost distribution allows determining the cost per product which is great. Another Option is to use the fuel vendor as vendor. If it is truck transportation and you mainly use the same vendor to buy fuel from, you can use this one as vendor. This works only if you buy the fuel from one company and if you have no other fees (it does not include toll fee). However, normally, you will want to affect the whole cost to the product. So, the first option is better to have the complete costs.

I hope, SAP will soon provide functionality for shippers to calculate internal costs in a standard way.

Regards

Petra

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Petra on this  since invoicing integration functionality with ECC  is the only way we use to settle this cost for a shipper scenario.

However this changes when we work for a LSP where internal settlement process functionality is used.

I will further check in TM 9.3 and let you know if we have new features on this

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option is there:

For the own fleet also you can set up an internal agreement between the freight order organization and the resource owning organization.You can have internal charges for the own fleet( intra/inter). There is a possibility to add manual internal charges as well. These internal charges can be settled. This scenario is resource based internal settlement

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Indraneel,

are you sure that this possibility is there in a "shipper Scenario", a scanrio using OTRs? Because I have received the info that it is NOT possible without FWOs.

Regards

Petra

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right.This is valid only for LSP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narender Singh,

Do you have any Idea on SAP TM 9.0 Certification?

any practice papers with answers on this (SAP TM 9.0 Certification)?

may i know how to get these practice papers with answers on this (SAP TM 9.0 Certification)?

please help me on Email:gopichandgourineni@gmail.com

Regards

Gopichand.G