cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening MII Workbench in Mac OS X

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running OS X Mavericks with Java 8.0.11 build 12. When I click to open the JSP, both Firefox and Safari ask to Save .JSP or Open .JSP with. Is there anyway to execute the JSP automatically like it's supposed to?

If the above wasn't clear, I'll clarify here. I'm trying to execute the MII Workbench in my OS X environment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there was a big security issue so now they (apple) want you to download the file and open it directly. I think there may be a way to override it if you google around for "osx unable to open jnlp" etc. but it exposes you to the security flaw if you do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll do some research and report back. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction though! As for "opening it directly" what would I point it to, to open it up?

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have it in front of me right now but it says something really obvious like "Java web start" in the open with menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This gets me closer, just now "MII quits unexpectedly". It also shows me a dump, I can post it here if needed.

For future reference, Open with > Macintosh HD > System > Library > Core Services > Java Web Start in case people have trouble finding it like I did.

EDIT:

After revisiting the dump issue, as long as I don't check the box for "always allow", MII will open right up.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pablosilva80
Explorer
0 Kudos

The workbench is loaded without problems and I can work with it, however no applet loads in Safari version 8.0 (10600.1.25).

I'm using the JRE 1.7.0_71-b14 and MII 12.2

Example error in applet grid:

grid [ERROR] - Couldn't set query template: No Query Defined

grid [ERROR] - Couldn't set display template: null

grid [ERROR] - Couldn't set display template: null

Can anyone help me?

thank you

Pablo Silva