cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG - Reference data field Activating for Change request create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am new to MDG process and i had a basic idea at about MDG-F process(System Testing level). Now i got below consultant assignments

1. Requestor has option to enter reference master data in user interface

2. "Testing required" information field required at User interface level (For Information Purpose) ony.\

I am working on MDG ECC6.0 EHP 5 Version and please can anyone provide any detailed suggestions on above requirements that would great helpful to me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please i am waiting for your link sharings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

It is already shareds in my previous reply also

Extending the Data Model by New Fields in MDG-F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

and can you help on activating of additional field in "Testing required" for specific GL Accounts.

can you suggest any documents or share related to how it will be populated in MDG 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Please refer link given by me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - reference data means existing GL Account

Ex: "Create with reference function" at FS00 Level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Then it is only available in MDG 7.0 and future not in MDG 6.1

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the MDG-6.0 Copy functionality where you can extend your GL account to many company codes.

Create a blank CR and then go to search - select the GL account and use copy option. Give the different GL and company code. Save the data in the Change request. You can use the same Change request for adding multiple company codes for the same GL

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per our current business process:

1. When i create Change request at at Requester User  Interface it will moved to requester inbox and waiting for Local approver inbox. It means after copying of GL Account - there is no Change request to assign

2. After copying of GL account system is not creating Change request automatically

But as per my client requirement - requestor should have an option to enter reference data

Can you suggest any alternative for that

Regards,

Amar

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to make sure that your requester can execute the changes. Ask the requester to create a blank CR without filling up any data. The CR has to be in requestor's inbox. Change the workflow to route the CR to requestor again

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Can you explain meaning of referance master data? Do you mean requestor can use already existing CR values of master data? If yes it is available only in MDG7.0 SP02.

For second question please refer link Extending the Data Model by New Fields in MDG-F