Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Analytical view on Virtual Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Good day!

While creating analytical view on virtual table am getting error.

Details: Physical table exists in Hadoop Data base

Created virtual table in Hana through SDA

If it is not possible to create analytical view based on virtual table is there any workaround?

Screen Shot:

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should work on newer HANA revisions. Upgrade to at least Rev.70, preferably the latest (82 as of today).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for quick reply.

Currently my Hana system version is HANA DB 1.00 Rev 72(1.00.72.00).

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work but Rev.72 had a lot of bugs in it. Are you running 72 of Studio too?

Either way try updating to 82 and let us know how you get on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saying that a specific rev had many bugs is common. To pretty much all previous revs. No ?

I mean for the last 80 revisions we've always got to close support tickets when the already infamous reply "update your HANA system to latest rev." was sent our way :S

just sayin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't work for SAP, so this is my experience from the field. 🙂

74 was the first good revision in SPS07. 71 got pulled and 72/73 had defects that meant that my customers all moved off them. Also SPS07 didn't get updated client tools until 74.

80 was good and 81 better. So there are plenty of reasons to upgrade!

But in general, software bugs get fixed in newer versions. Given the functionality you desire came in SPS07, it shouldn't be a major surprise if it's not functioning four weeks after release which is when Rev.72 came out.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure?

My experience says it works for Calc Views on top of Virtual tables. In rev81 (last I tested) it even shows this popup if you try to pull a virtual table on top of an Analytic View:

I had heard they were working on something to allow ANs for virtual tables, but my gut feeling says this might be specific for IQ-based remote tables, since ANs rely on HANA's OLAP engine to work, i.e. it needs to have a column table underneath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. It will convert the AV to a CV. That's still a workable solution, right?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lol that is a CV on top of virtual tables, not an AN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinto,

Yes am able to create CV on virtual tables but not analytical view.

Thanks,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Virtual tables are only supported in calculation view and not in attribute view or analytic view.

Regards,

Vinoth