cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: how to implement a "second-level" personal screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

In common use cases of Personas, one would add some script buttons in Personas Home Screen in order to jump directly to certain SAP screen.

Here is what I want to do:

I have some buttons on the Personas Home Screen serving as "launching tiles". If these "tile" buttons are pressed, UI should first go to some sort of "second-level" personalised screens containing some script buttons. If these script buttons on the "second-level" screen are pressed, UI then go to the corresponding SAP screens directly based on the scripts.

My question:

How to implement such a "second-level" personal screen?

I tried to implement such a second-level screen using a separate profile, and on the Home screen to switch to it using "switch profile". However, such "sub-profile" will be shown on the toolbar, which I don't want to.

Does anyone have a better idea about how to make such "second-level" user UI?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your ABAP programmers to create a completely empty ABAP transaction. That isn't a lot of work! Then assign multiple custom transaction codes to that one ABAP program, one tcode for each second level screen you require. Use those transactions to create your second-level menus.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your input. Your solution does sound the best solution.

By the way, can explain how the number of screens are linked to one ABAP program? I can see each tcode corresponding to each screen. Thx.

Br,

Dong

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Knowledge sharing:

This is a kind of confirmation info to show that the solution suggested by Steve works fine - one can create a ABAP program which contains multiple transactions. In Personas one can use all these transactions. For each of the transactions, one can modify the copy of the ABAP program UI, and these UI can serve as the second-level menu UIs.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another idea is to simply switch between different flavours of the same screen.

Lets say transaction SMEN has flavour A which is the first level menu and contains 'launching tiles' to get to the second level, these tiles are simply script buttons with actions to change to another flavour of the same screen. Flavours B and C of SMEN are the second level menus with launch tiles that are actually launch buttons for transactions.

You can then create a 'back' or 'home' button on flavours B and C which switch back to flavour A.

Simple and elegant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply. It can be used to treat multiple-level menu cases.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

you can hide the complete personas flavor bar, by setting a specific role (e.g. RENDER_ONLY) to the end user.

In this case, the user don't know about the existing flavors and you can navigate the user over separate navigation buttons through the screens.

Hope the helps,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the tip. It sounds like an option. I will try that.

Br,

Dong