Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick storage bin which was assigned earlier

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear expert

System picks the storage bin which has assigned earlier one, while creating the TO. 

Now the storage bin is different, but system won’t pick that.

Please can you suggest me why?

Regards

karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please spare some more time to write your requirement clearly

Which process, which steps

where the storage bin was assigned earlier

what are the subsequent process in which same bin are getting selected

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear expert

System picks the storage bin which has assigned earlier one, while creating the TO.  Now the storage bin is different, but system won’t pick that.

(

a)      I am working for pallet storage type 007,

b)      I created storage bins for storage type 007.

c)       In put away strategy I assigned the storage type.

d)      While I do GRN that the created storage bin picked.

e)      Now I want to change the storage bins, mean I delete the existing bin in that storage type and created new bins

f)       Now system should pick newly created bin, but not happening so. System picks earlier storage bin which has been deleted.)

Please can you suggest me why?

Regards

karan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Step 4 -  While I do GRN that the created storage bin picked.

Transfer order is already created for the GRN are you cancelling the existing TO, deleting the storage bin creating the new bin and  then trying to regenerate the Transfer order

it would be better if you can share the T-code along with Screenshot as if the Bin is deleted from the master during search strategy it will always have new bin number. Please share the screenshot to get more understanding so that we can help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is confusing

You cannot delete a st bin while there is stock in there so if the TO is picking the bin it must still be in the system

Check LS11 for the storage type and see if the bin is in there and see f there is an X against it which means that it is empty

If you want to change the bin i suggest you move the stock in to 999, delete the bin and then put the stock back in the new bin, If SAP is picking the original bin then it must still be there otherwise it does not make sense

This is not a 'Fixed' Bin is it that is stored in the WM 2 view of the material master?

I hope that this helps

Frenchy