cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant change default product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

i want to change default product category that appears during create free description SC

i change default of product category in extended attribute in ppoma_bbp

but old product category still here

can anyone solve my issue?

Regards

Elham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elham,

Create Dummy Product Category as default product category for all the users and raise a error message using Doc Check Badi whenever the user doesn't change the product category.

Create a dummy product category and assign to all user, later you select your desired product category .

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

do u mean i should assign dummy product category to user in ppoma_bbp?

as u say  ''Create a dummy product category and assign to all user, later you select your desired product category'' .

Regards

Elham

Former Member
0 Kudos

in need to change 2000 this is default product category , i dont know where i can change this default number , i also change default product category in ppoma_bbp as another number but nothing was change in this page

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes Elham, you can also refer

create a dummy material group and make it the default for all users in PPOMA_BBP.

Then use the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to make sure that if the material group has not been changed to a valid one issue an error.

Regards,

Abhishek

Yateesh_h
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elham,

The default product category is picked from the org structure of the user.

PPOSA_BBP > User's Position > Extended Attributes > Product Categories. The 'Default' check box is selected against the default product category (2000 in this case).

If the above doesn't help, please check if the Pdt Cat - 2000 is inherited, if so, then you have to remove it as the default at the top node (where the assignment is done).

Check if any custom coding has been done in the system to force the default to 2000.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Yateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i create dummy product category and assigned it to user in ppoma_bbp

but nothing was changes in shopping cart

i can solve it in another way :

i assigned single product category to each user not at top node of organization

then i removed it and in this way the default product category at the top node of organization appear in Sc

Regards

Elham

Answers (0)