cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is product-->>SWCU-->>Technical system --->> Business System??

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can u please tell me what exactly are 1.Product , 2.SWCU ,3.Technical System 4.Business System in a simple manner...with an example?

Please don't give me links would prefer the way u have understood!!

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

A product component like a software component is a way to organize the developments. For example you creating several scenarios to give a external possibility to create, modify and delete users in a ECC system. You can create a Product like PR_USERSSAP and one Software component for each utility, also you can have only one SWC for all the scenarios. Depending of your scenarios complexity you can think about the best way to organize them.  If two month later you need to add more functionality about users you can use the later product, also you can think in opener product with a definition like PR_BASICECC and you will include more scenario which affect to more functionality. As I said all depends about how you want to organize the developmente.

SWCU is the way to link the  PC with SWC is a technical concept only.

Technical system is the way to define the systems which the PI will go to connect. It is not mandatory for all the cases, this definition is mandatory when the PI need to access to endpoint metadata in background like some ECC connections: proxy, idoc… In my opinion is a good methodology to have the maximum of the endpoints defined for better control of the connectioons.

Bussines systems depends of technical systems and they are the link with the PI development. For example for RFC sender connection the PI needs ECC metadata to make the connection, you use its bussines system and the PI will use the technical system to take information about the endpoint.

Hope this helps.

1. Regards.

Answers (0)