cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autolog not backing up log file after specified intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

We are running our content server & live cache system on maxdb 7.6.06.20 on aix 6.1. We have enabled autolog on one of the test systems as we want to enable  it whole landscape.

While enabling the autolog i used interval as 1 hour for backing up the log.

The issue is it is not saving any log file after specified interval.

One thing to mention is that this system is test hence no activity is happening on system thus log area is 0% used. The other thing is when we run the db backup it immediately creates a log file following the backup.

Can you please help.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I don't see any issue here. Autolog seems to be fine, I would rather suggest if you go to log area and can see 0 bytes used then the autolog won't save anything as there is nothing to save every hour, however once you do some transactions then the log area will start having data and if autolog runs it will have something to backup.

For now DB backup is running fine which is as your data area is having data which is something that backup can backup. Also just in case check if the log location in file system has permission for backint to create files.

Further if you can see the log area is utilized then in 1 hour the file size will be the same area utilized in bytes (expected) until and unless the log area gets full. Instead of having every hour I feel for test systems better to run when log area is full or if it reaches certain limit. This way you know what will be the file size(=log area) and plan accordingly.

So.. I feel nothing to worry about as of now.

Cheers,