cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the default shell from Fiori Launchpad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Fiori launchpad by default opens app in shell. But I want to avoid it. Can you please tell me how to do it?

Regards,
Seshu

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Seshu,

Could you share business requirements for removing shell?

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for quick response. As shown in the below image, The application looks like shrunk because of free space on both sides. When I tried to add more fields to table, its becoming more worse. My client want the application to be out of shell (it should use the entire space on screen).

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Seshaiah,

You could try to remove the letter boxing... For more details check here :

https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/fioridesign/Page+Layouts

You could do this by seeting the property fullWidth : true in the config part of Component.js.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

We have created sap ui5 application with App control. So we are not using Component.js file (as we are not using ComponentContainer). So how to achieve full screen without Component.js?

Thank You

Seshu

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

I do not have any idea about how to change it in App control. Maybe you could contact the owner of the wiki page because if it is possible in Component then i believe it might also be possible to do it somewhere else as well. By the way do you know where is the general configuration for your app then ?? Maybe you could try to use the same property but maybe in a different way in the file where you have other configurations defined. Thanks.

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

One of my colleague is used fullWidth property in component.js as follows. But it is not working. Can you please tell me what might be the reason?

rootView : "Z_SYSAVAIL.z_sysavail.App",

config : {

fullWidth: true,

resourceBundle : "i18n/messageBundle.properties",

serviceConfig : {

name : "SysAvail",

serviceUrl : "https://<server>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/zcl_itsm_dbd_dp/"

}

},

Thank You

Seshu

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Are you trying to do this in extended project or standard ?? Because i have tried it in standard only and in the following way :

metadata : sap.ca.scfld.md.ComponentBase

.createMetaData(

"MD",

{

"name" : "Master Detail Sample",

"config" : {

"fullWidth" : true,

"resourceBundle" : "i18n/i18n.properties",

}

}

I am not sure if that can help but just try to include "fullWidth" also with double quotes. That's the only hint i can give at the moment. Otherwise i would assume that it is only applicable for fullscreen and master detail templates.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key here is to load the application through the launcpad! The fullWidth property wont be applied if the application is not launched through the application tile in the launchpad.

Cheers,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

It is working. Even after setting fullwidth : true in component.js .

App needs to be loaded on tile click from launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!!

Answers (0)