What else can a person be, who asks questions like this:

No comment...

Regards

Tamá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem isn't with the original post - it is with the people who bother to reply. Those sort of posts should just be ignored!

That person obviously has an interview lined up about something they know nothing about and has probably been forwarded a technical questionnaire to complete in advance. By helping them to answer those questions there is a fair chance they will land a job they are not capable of instead of being open and honest about their skills. This undermines everyone's abilities.

Just my thoughts,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth

I think you'll find that quite a few interviewers keep an eye on posts in the forums! People who ask really broad questions in the forum and so make it obvious that they aren't prepared to do some research by themselves aren't helping their chances...

Cheers

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hehehe, spot on. Nevermind that the next thing I do when I see a potentially useful CV is to have a look around SDN.

For what it's worth, when I do find posts then it's not about what a person knows (posts can be old), it's how they ask questions that I consider just as relevant....

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's very true - I always think the best consultants I've worked with are those who know how to find information out, and who to speak to to do that. Not necessarily those that know eveything already in their heads!

Gareth.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see interview questions on the BI forums all the time.... but then also being an interviewer we try to stay clear from the answers given and in many a case ask the questions we find on SDN and then try to get the person to tell us why it is so and then the depth comes out and that helps.

One one hand it can be seen as an unfair advantage that SDN provides , but on the other :

1. We have to be on our feet constantly

2. If a person knows where to find the information and get cracking instead of waiting for someone else to tell him what to do on a project , that would always be welcome , thereby reducing the dependency that we have to live with in some projects.

My 0.02

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Funny this is that people actually answer that kind of questions....It's ok when your are asked for a couple of questions....But that post seems more like some interview questions to me....Really bad thing...

Greetings,

Blag.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you report things to sdn@sap.com?

Eddy