Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while executing BEx Query on Composite Provider

former_member401488
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a BW on-HANA system, patch level SAPKW73105.

We have created a Composite provider based on the union of two DSOs, two infoobjects, one SPO, and there are a couple of joins with two other DSOs, on the top of that we built a BEx query.

While executing the BEx query, sometimes (depending on the filter values), We got the following error message

"Attribute engine failed;Error executing physical plan: exception 6900: AttributeEngine/Parallel/Dime..."

"Error 6,900 has occurred in the BWA/SAP HANA server"

"Error reading the data of InfoProvider @3ZSDRPCP5"

"Error while reading data; navigation is possible"

"Row: 59 Inc: MAP_TREX_EXCEPTION Prog: CL_RSDRH_TREX_STORAGE"

(Attached error message)

Ii We browse the composite provider data using the "display data" option in the RSA1, data is displayed without issue, the problem only appears during the BEx query execution and only with some filter vaues.

Any idea on how to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Federico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll be honest with you, this stuff didn't work until at least SP08 of BW 7.3 EhP1.

You will need to go to this version sooner or later - suggest you move to the latest SP now to avoid the pain.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

7.4 SP8 is being released in a few weeks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

He's on 7.3 EhP1, which is on SPS12 today. It got pretty stable by SP08, SP09. SP05 was pretty early on, and had a lot of bugs in the HANA views.

7.4 is on SP07 like you say, and most of our customers run at least SP06 - before then, you had to apply a bucketload of SAP notes. I would recommend customers apply SP08 with care because it's a feature release so will have a bunch of new features, which will no doubt need corrections.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note :  2174097 - Aggregation SUM of key figure with key figure category DATE or TIME and data type DATE or TIME can not be changed due to loaded Info Provider.

former_member401488
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I'll suggest to the customer to go to SP08 at least.