cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while doing transfer posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

During transfer posting through , I got a peculiar problem .

Using MIGO , I wanted to do transfer posting through 344 mvt typ from un-res. to QI ... at the time of post the docs , it showed error that wm mvt. typ 309 allowed for respective warehouse .

then , I search , in my warehouse - 309 mvt. typ didn't exist.

fine then I search for couple of movement type setting with WM - IM ...

firstly , in OLML , IM mvt. typ 344 assigned with  395 as reference , wm mvt. typ -  399 as stock transfer and 344 as transfers posting .

in OMLR setting , with reference 395 mvt. type , assigns with 312 wm mvt. typ

for , posting change controlling mvt, type for IM-WM , 944 wm mvt typ assigns with 344 IM  mvt. type .

In the above mentioned three , IM / WM , mvt. type settings , nowhere wm mvt. type 309 is mentioned .

Then , why during in MIGO for transfer posting it shows as , 309 mvt. type not allowed for 189 warehouse ?

thanks in advance ,

regards

arghya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

As per the error message below mentioned setting is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish - sir ,

But , I've checked that setting - it's properly ,maintained and 309 mvt. type also maintained for that warehouse .

two errors are coming ....

1. After , making mat. doc . from MIGO , when I , use lt06 to execute it , then shows error  as

" You have not selected any data for the material document 5000021348" - message no. - L2030

2. and one more thing , in MM/IM - LE/WM , mvt. typ assignment - I marked  TR space as "X" - but    tr no. was not generated in wm section of MIGO .

regards

arghya

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

i am sorry to ask a basic question, Since WM tab is appearing i am hoping that material is WM managed however can i request to please check again and confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm giving the WM details of mat. master - plz , tell me whether I've entered anything wrong or else , it roots  improper in different settings ...

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material master perspective everything seems okey. Since you are moving stock from one stock category to another system should create a PCN. In the earlier screen shared by you as you mentioned PCN is not there.

In you case we need to find you why the PCN is not getting generated. Could you please use t-code MB03 enter the material document, two line item will appear, Could you please select the individual line item and share the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish ,

but , instead of clicking on "TR" space - as X , though TR no. didn't also appear in wm part of migo .

Using MB03 , I've uploaded 3 screen- shots of the ma. doc. - but strange thing is that , whn I click on on the 2nd line details it has opened ; after that when I click on the WM details - it displays , this item not covered by WMS ... !!! ... why this message appears ?

regards

arghya

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case system should create PCN, Could you please check is there any open transfer order(T-Code LT23)  are there for storage type 922  which are yet to be confirmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no open TO is listed for that storage and for that material also .... checked , LT22 / 23 / 24 ...

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please share the screenshot of movement type 309,

SPRO---LE--WM--ACTIVITIES---Transfer requirement---Define movement type

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

With 309 WM mov type you are only tring to change the stock category, and this movment type is  only meant for posting change.

But as per your settings at OMLR  you have selected the flag to generate TR & deflagged PCN generation.

This might be the reason why neither TR or PCN generating.

Regards,

Anubhab

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

As Anubhab suggested, I overlooked the setting for create PCN which was shared by you earlier and thought that is already check, please put the check mark on Create PCN and simulate the scenario

Thanks Anubhab for pointing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

here it's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish & Anubhab for continuous suggestions , inputs and advice.

Actually , the problem is lying in somehow in different place - I trigger that PCN box ,- even , after that , TO didn't create .

then , I've checked again this settings and make TP mvt. type from 344 to 309 ... then , it has worked properly and PCN also has been made.

One more thing for clarification :-

in the above setting , how could I know for which IM mvt, typ is compatible with Warehouse's which reference mvt. typ and stock transfer mvt. typ  and transfer posting mvt. typ ? ...

regards

arghya

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

press F1 in the respective field and go through with the SAP help, it is very well explained there with an example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yupp ... that I know .. pressing f1 you can get to know about SAP help documentation

but , actually I want to know , like for X of IM mvt typ compatibles with Y of stock plcmnt - Z of stock rmvl - W of TP ( warehouse) mvt. type --

means , in IM - X mvt typ only compatibles , in wm - for stk plcmnt Y , for stk rmvl Z  , for TP only W ... nothing apart from it.

actually , from where how could you get to know this list - like which interprets with which mvt. types ??  there's any rules or anything else ?? ...

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no ready reference available however as a best practice we always go with the setting provided by SAP for warehouse 001 or *** and we can copy the setting of warehouse 001 as per our requirement, Same applies for warehouse number , storage type, movement type  etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've followed same path to copy from 001 , like what we do in the case plant , company code ... but , a couple of time , everything does't copy properly - as , here it copy 343 mvt. type , instead of 309 ... anyway , I think it happens ...

Answers (0)