cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange stock counting at posting change area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Actually , I've faced a strange stock counting in posting change area ( type - 922 ) as well as affected in whole stock counting status .

In , my warehouse no - 189 , where material 263 , primarily maintained in 3 storage types - 045 , MUM , RES ;

each storage type contains 11 kg of stock .. whereas , in MUM storage type among of 11 kg , 10 kg of stock maintains as quality and 1 kg in un-restricted as primarily .

I, did PCN by using LU01 to use 321 mvt. type to make change 5 kg of stock of MUM storage type , from quality to unrestricted .

All , went properly - but , when I , checked as stock position and status , it shows 10 kg of stock remains as in quality  instead of 5 kg.

More , surprisingly , in MUM storage type , 5 kg of stock status changed properly from QI to UnR ...

but in , 922 - posting change area , it shows UnR 5 kg as (-ve ) and QI ( + ve) - total as 0 ...

My , asking is ,

1. why in MMBE shows QI stock as 10 instead of 5 kg ?

2. in 922 storage type - why un-restricted " target" stock shows as ( -) and QI as ( + ) ?

3 . In 922 type , if all the stock counting is nullify - then , why it's show extra 5 kg of QI stock in MMBE ? ...

thnaks in advance ,

regards

arghya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghaya

LU01 helps you to create PCN in WM environment and confirm that using the Transfer order.

In your case WM activity got performed whereas IM activity is still pending hence MMBE(displays IM stock ) shows qty as 10

There are two ways to initiate the PCN,Initiate from WM , or initiate from IM

WM first and then IM

If your WM is active then it is advisable to use LQ02 as it perform the activity in two step (IM as well as WM)

or

IM first and then WM

first transfer the stock from Quality to Unrestricted (based on your requirement) using MIGO, system perform the IM activity and create a PCN, Create a TO against the PCN using t-code LT05 and confirm this will complete the whole process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot , Manish - sir & Anubhab - sir ..

1. Actually , doing through MIGO , it works fine and properly and the problem has been resolved .

2. But , when I tried to use , by LQ02 , it displays-  the material / item is getting locked , while maintaining all necessary settings .

why it behaves so and how could it get solve ?

regards

arghya

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are trying to use LQ02 for storage type 922 which is having a negative Quant and it seems you have the transfer order open hence lock button appears before selection box. To understand the LQ02 functionality better please try with a bin where the stock is +ve and no open transfer order exist for the bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish ,

as of your instruction n advice I tried out with different types which doesn't contain -ve quant  - but , whenever I clicked on the blank block space and then click on PCN , suddenly a red line mark appear - I think it made an error ... but why it did it do so - ' cause , I filled everything proper data on that blank space ..

regards

arghya

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please click on the display log and share the message what you are getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish ,

actually , I did miss to tick out the check box " TO confirm immediately " - that's why it made problem .

one thing , I want to clarify  - in lq02 , is there any scope to change my stock amount ?? wht happen , when I mention the storage type , it consumes all its stock to change its status and makes TO for all the stock what present in that storage type . ??

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry..........We have a SAP system limitation there, it picks the full quantity from the Quant. No partial quantity are allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

... getting it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

You have only processed WM movements, so it has not updated stock at IM level & MMBE still shows 10 kg in quality stock.

You may follow the following steps to solve ur issue.

1. In MB1B , post 5 qt from quality to unrestricted with 321 mov type. It will update your stock at MMBE report and stock at 922 st type will nulify.

2. The above process will create a posting change , you need to close this at LU02 by manually updating the processing status to U.

if you ever need to move stock from Quality to unrestricted, you should first move stock at IM level in MB1B with 321 move type. This will automatically generate a posting change which you need to process.

Alternately, you can use LQ02, provided all set up are done.

Regards,

Anub