cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to have my first experience with SAP and am trying to install "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.03 SP04 64-bit Trial, 3.912 GB". However I receive the following log error in a SAP delivery tool:

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceding messages.

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

21212 is being used by a java.exe. I close it and also close all SAP instances in the windows task manager and restart the installation process but I get the same message again. I also read other threads about a same issue, but could n't find out exactly what the cause is. 

Could any body know about this issue?

PS: I am new to SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Aug 25, 2014 4:51:11 AM [Info]: Starting HTTP server listening on port 4239 ...

Aug 25, 2014 4:51:11 AM [Error]: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Check if this port 4239 is nor occupied by some other process.  If yes,  then kill that service.

Refer

Or use another port number.

Regards

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There also a thread which gives you other areas to look into. Refer

Also, you have an entry for localhost in your services files. Use basic network test to find out the reason for timeout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx very much for your answer.

port 4239 is free at the beginning. after starting the installation, it is occupied by a java.exe. port 21212 is then also occupied by a java.exe. both of them by a "SAP Java VM Runtime library"

two of them i see in the task manager. I also see two sapins.exe -> occupied by "sapinst"

sapins.exe -> occupied by "Program starter"

I also looked at the thread you mentioned. the one that had the very same problem is still open and not answered.

PS: how do you configure a SAP installation, when you want to change an installation port?

regards

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you maintain localhost entry in your host file ?

Try to do telnet localhost 21212

The above program and ports usage is correct you have mentioned is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx very much, I had some success according to your last entry:

I am not sure exactly what you mean with maintaining the localhost entry in my host file. but this was the content of my host file unter C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc :

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

#    127.0.0.1        localhost

#    ::1                   localhost

10.10.0.10            Antarktis

Antarktis is the name of my computer and i put the last line according to a tutorial on youtube after installing MS Loopback Adapter.

I deleted the line and I am not having the exception with port 21212 anymore and am safely on the first step of installation "Choose Option". However to be sure of the right setup for installation I didn't proceed and I would like to ask what addresses should be set in this host file? what ip or network configurations should I set for the MS Loopback Adapter ? I just installed the adapter.

regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossesin,

I would suggest you to read installation guide for this purpose. Don't refer from unreliable sources.

Also read:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/65761

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/698014

If you are not having any exception then proceed further.

Future issue can be fixed, if any comes.

Regards,

Divyansnhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

no I am not having any exception and I will proceed as you sujested. Thanks again. I just cann't open the links with my username password. do I need another login account?

cheers,

Hossein

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use you SCN ID and access support.sap.com if you don't have suser ID for service amrket place.

Search for above sap notes.

Answers (0)