SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check expense posting based on actual revenue bcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a very unique requirement from client, to add a warning tolerance profile on top of the standard checking against budget.

What they want is to check certain expense based on actual revenue posted.

I have explore RBE functions, but it does not seems to be able to cater for requirement.

As I never use RBE before, maybe someone can share if you have similar experience before.

Another thing with RBE, that based on SAP doc., I need to activate Fund, where the client does not want to activate fund.

Is there any possible way to solve this issue, can I use badi for this kind of tolerance checks?

Appreciate any feedback and input.

Thanks

Lea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, elaborate more on your requirement, providing some examples. I don't understand what you mean by 'standard checking'... All AVC system could be customized according to your needs: there is no standard pattern for tolerance profiles. You can define them as many as you please, and if it requires several AVC ledgers, this is also not a problem.

If your client want to control expenses, based on the revenue registered, then you might think of having RIB (revenue increasing budget) functionality.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, elaborate more on your requirement, providing some examples. I don't understand what you mean by 'standard checking'... All AVC system could be customized according to your needs: there is no standard pattern for tolerance profiles. You can define them as many as you please, and if it requires several AVC ledgers, this is also not a problem.

If your client want to control expenses, based on the revenue registered, then you might think of having RIB (revenue increasing budget) functionality.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply. We actually using RIB function as well in this implementation, because they have scenario where certain budget is increase due to incoming revenue.

But the requirement that I explain above is different, below is the example:

1. Actual posting (FI/SD)- Revenue GL A $ 1000

2. Budget amount - Revenue GL A $ 2000

What client require is when i post Expense GL A, I should have a warning against the actual posting Revenue GL A. Example: give warning when its reach 70%.

So when I post expense GL A $700, i should receive a warning (70%*$1000).

I know we can check against budget revenue, but i am not sure how we should set tolerance based "actual posted" revenue GL.

Can we use RIB for this scenario as well? Sorry I am a bit new to RIB function as well.

Regards,

Lea

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tolerance profiles are always working against the budget, and not against the actuals. So, if you want to use standard solution, you have to convert this revenue 1000 to budget first (via RIB) and then, your expenses will be checked against it. If, in your scenario, every expense is checked against specific revenue, then you'd better use earmarked funds: forecast of revenue.

However, if you want to check against the actuals, then there is no standard functionality for this: you will have to make a development.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, that seems to be the only option, as I have inform the client as well that FM is to check against budget and not actual at real time.

Thanks also for the suggestion on using RIB or forecast of revenue as alternative options.

Regards,

Lea