cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to EDI idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I m having one issue related to Movement type in schedule line category.

the issue is when the user creates sales order manually in production system for a specific material system triggers 601 moment type. But when sales order coming from EDI system then system is triggering Z61 movement type. This Z61 movement type is not triggering for all the time. its is populating frequently.

Here i have to create test data in Quality system and give that to Abaper to Debug the issue. But i don't have idea on how to replicate the EDI order in Quality system.

Can you please suggest me how to create Test data (EDI order) in Quality system. and how to Identify which function module we have for to create this order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kiran,

analyzing movement type populating in sales order -

Are the same material, plant and storage location being used for manual and EDI process?

Is the same schedule line category being determined in both sales orders?

As schedule line category has a single movement type, in these two cases are there different schedule line categories?

Paste Z61 here.

In the function module too, some logic can be written to determine Z61. Ask the ABAPer to find the relevant logic by looking into the code.

In what cases 601 is getting determined, when orders are created via EDI?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

EDI is frequently implemented in SAP via some type of middleware.  The middleware solution translates (maps) the incoming EDI messages into one or more SAP IDOC types.  SAP has built standard software for processing IDOCs (inbound and outbound)

One way to test EDI processing is to have your local middleware expert create some EDI messages; feed them into the EDI translation middleware, and then allow the standard SAP Function Modules create the transactions (sales orders) within your test client.

A simpler method to simulate EDI processing is just to create a few test IDOCs, and feed them into your SAP test client, using transaction WE19.

I couldn't say for sure which function module you are using, since EDI processing many times is customized.  A common IDOC message type for incoming third party sales orders is 'ORDERS'  A common standard FM for inward processing of ORDERS type IDOCS is 'IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS'.  Many other flavors are possible.

You can create test idocs via WE19.  You can search your existing IDOC database to find sample idocs as a reference via WE09.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

The idoc type, message type, function module, process code details can be got from the ABAPer, but probably these are not required for testing.

For preparation of test data, to test in QAS, overlapping what DB49 has said -

1. Find an IDoc previously used, this can be done by t-code WE09 or WE05

2. Put that IDoc in WE19, change some data and execute

3. This will create a sales order

TW