SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of data in MLGN and MLGT

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had 2 DC/warehouse in operation.

When a new article is being created, I insert the reference DC on the initial screen in MM41.

When it branched into the Logistic DC view and then into "Warehouse Management", I had to setup the data for the 2 DC one after another.

On the other hand, when I am in Logistic Store view, I do not have to setup the data for every stores. I need to do so at the sales orgn/DC level.
by leaving the site number as NULL. This will populate and create a record for each site under the sales orgn/DC.

How can I do so for the DC warehouse management data?

I need a shorter route when creating new article for the 2 DC.

Thanks

bye

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, hi Colin.

It looks like you are working with a reference site for stores, but not for DC.

You can setup the same behaviour for DC like you have for stores.

Please check your settings Logistics - General --> Basic Data Retail --> General Control, Retail Master Data. There you find the block "Control parameters for material master". I would guess - from what you are describing - that you have maintained a "Reference plant for stores" there, but no "Referenece plant for DCs". So, if you maintain a reference plant for DCs, the behaviour is basically the same (leaving the site number as NULL in MM4x, populate and create records via listing).

But be aware that you have to do some migration tasks, if you change these settings in an already running system. Otherwise, you will receive error messages in MM4x and will not be easily able to maintain any article anymore.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Requirement is correctly understood.

I had followed your advice.

Apparently the field had been maintained with a default for DC and Stores.

For Stores, it is set to "S999" 1 level w/o sales area in article master in Logistic Store view.

For DC, it is set to "D999".

However, in the system, we had different company and each company had its own reference DC sites.

In the case, it is only 1 field and cannot represent either one.

Where else can I link such that if I perform article for company A, the reference DC site is D888 whereby there are 2 or more entries for MLGN and MLGT?

For Store, it is using S888 and it is working fine.

Please advise

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, but you can only maintain one single reference site for DCs in SAP Standard. Other requirements would have to be developed custom dependent.

It is slighty different for stores, where you also can use distribution chain dependent reference sites.

Regards

Tobias