cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high consumption of memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am a beginner in SAP, I have a doubt, sometimes I find users with high consumption of memory through sm04.

My doubt is, what I need to do to know why these users are consuming so much memory or know if these users still are online or not?

Thanks you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

check any job log running

nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

High memory consumption of memory by particular user you can trace it in many ways

see a any long running jobs by a particular user or any job is mistakenly run by user for every five minutes  .. at that time you may find more memory use by user and you can see st03n in that processing time should be less them 1000ms if it is more them 1000ms you need to set some parameter or you may fine memory consumption in ST02 PAGE AREA ROLL AREA HEAP MEMORY

PAGE MEMORY

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Carlos, what do you mean by high memory? if many users are working it will be high on the basis of workload and kind of work done. Your server should have enough memory to accomodate the memory load,  then its ok. Usually the memory free should more then 20-30%. but if its temporary its ok.  Either you need to fine tune the memory, or extend the memory. Regards Munish

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

high consumption of memory through sm04.

It would be nice to follow SAP doc at The ABAP Memory Inspector - Test and Analysis Tools in ABAP - SAP Library

and Starting the Memory Inspector - ABAP - Analysis Tools - SAP Library

additionally consider the tools ST03N and ST02 transactions as already suggested to you by Divyanshu

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Gaurav Rana

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

In general,  a single user won't affect much on your system. However,  if you really want to scan at user level, try using ST03 to do more analysis.

Also, look what queries are running look at sm50 and dbacockpit. Use st02 to help in understanding the buffer state.

It becomes a concern when dialog process is going in private mode.

Refer https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/96279d538111d1891b0000e8322f96/content.htm

Regards