cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - item level to enter Revision of the Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, usually we enter Revision in the Batch field in our SO. This is possible becos we make the Revision number to be same as Batch number.

Now I could not enter a line item in my SO becos the batch does not exists even though the Rev exists. For our purpose we use the batch field to enter the Revision value.

Is there a place/field to enter the Revision? As this Rev is needed for our Production dept to know which customer orders with what Revision number?

Pls share !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pri ann,

basically revision number is used for PLM ,and it would be maintained for all materials at client level basic data.so in sales order system picks up this by default from masters if u have relevant PP customising to capture this.

reward if helps !!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Can you elaborate more? Since our Production needs to know which Revision the customer is odering, we input this in the SO.

Can let me know which field in the SO item can hold this Rev from Material Master?

Thanks,

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

if we want the information from SO to be sent to the Production team for them to make the part for the Revision that the customer orders,

where do enter the Revision in the SO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PriAnn,

You can add revision in the material master record of the concerned material.

If there is no batch with the revision ur looking for, why can't you guys create a batch with the revision existing for that material?

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we do have Rev in Material Master, also we create the Batch (same as Rev code) only when Goods Receipt for PO, Prod. Order...

I need to let the Production team to be aware of the Rev that customer has requested for them to start making with such Rev stated in Sales Order.

Where do we metntion this in SO (usual practise in SAP) as customer can order even for older Revisions.?

Or should I use an userexit to create a batch when Batch doesn't exists & then use the Batch in my Sales Order?

What would be SAP's best method for this? Any idea? Pls share

rgds,

ann