cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get f4 help in pop-up field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I got a requirement in nwbc, need to show a field which is already in the standard application with f4 help but when i create a custom pop-up screen and add this field, am unable to get f4 help?

The field doesn't have f4 help from dictionary but it is using another standard component for f4 help. I have tried to embed this component in pop-up screen but still its not showing the f4 help.

Anyone experienced such situation?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The field doesn't have f4 help from dictionary but it is using another standard component for f4 help. I have tried to embed this component in pop-up screen but still its not showing the f4 help.

What do you mean by "I have tried to embed this component in pop-up screen" ?

The freely programmed F4 help component is attached to the context attribute and we no need to embed it inside window.

Let us say you have an attribute KUNNR and you have attached the F4 component using freely programmed help option. You should be able to get the search help for the field KUNNR.

In case you are not able to achieve this, please give more details on your issue.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Thanks for your reply. I mean to say that, i have used the component as Used Component which was used by standard component for f4 help.

I have used freely programmed f4 for the context attribute, but now its going for short dump saying "Assert condition was violated".

I have looked into st22, its showing that there was an error in get_config method of the f4 help component.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mohammed.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create one more component usage for the same component, let us say VALUE_HELP_2.

Now use, VALUE_HELP_2 for the new attribute. It should work.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have tried the above thing but still its going dump (Assert Condition was violated).

Thanks,

Mohammed

former_member212124
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you checked your attribute?is its property provided with input help mode as Freely Programmed

as shown below?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vidyasagar,

I have tried it but still its not showing f4 help.

Regards,

Mohammed.