Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Table Drop Down - Initial Value

michelm_de
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I'm trying to set the initial value of a complex table drop down that nothing is filled. This works if there are more than one values in the complex table. But if there is only one entry in the complex table, the Agentry client just takes the one value from the table and prefills the field. Our aim is to keep this field without any value because the technician can also go forward without using this field. Therefore he/she has now always select the specialfield value -NONE- which leads to an empty field. I tried already things like initial value on the transaction and the specialvalue field.

Has anyone an idea how I can disable that this field prefills the field with the CT value?

Thanks Michel

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Michel,

What client platform are you using?  Special value is buggy when using a blank (empty) value.  You are approaching it correctly by setting the initial value on the transaction property.  Set a special value there of " " (blank space) with a display value of "-NONE-" on the complex table property.  Then set the initial value to a constant of " " (blank space).  Now the screen field should default to "-NONE-".  You may need to remove the blank space on the backend processing code and set it back to an empty string before posting.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

michelm_de
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the client is still prefilling the field with the first (and only) record from the complex table. We are using iOS (iPad) platform for our developments.

These two screens show where I did the change:

Any further idea, who to get this working?

Regards,

Michel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Michel,

Everything you did looks correct.  What version of Agentry are you using?  Maybe that is a bug in an older client?  Can you try returning more than one row in the CT, then test it again.  Could be a bug when only one row exists besides the special value.  Also try using -NONE- as the special value itself rather than the blank space.  Shouldn't matter though.

michelm_de
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Jason,

we are using the Agentry Server 6.1.4.287 and the client version is 6.1.4.304 from iTunes Store.

I tried you suggestions ... Setting the special value to -NONE- does not work but when having more than one row in the complex table the special value works. Unfortunatley, mostly we have just one value in the complex table. Should I open a OSS ticket for this problem?

Best Regards,

Michel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Michel,

Yes, please log it.  This sounds like it may already be logged though because it founds familiar to me.  Support will sort out the tickets but the more people we have asking for a particular fix will prioritize it higher.

Maybe adjust your CTs to bring down a blank or -NONE- value as a temporary measure to get around this bug and forget about special value for now.  Then you could just set the initial value in the transaction and it will default to the empty row.

Answers (0)