Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.0

dm21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing the SAP Work Manager 6.0 for one of our clients.The device on which the application to be deployed is Windows Screen Size

(1024 * 768 ).The server is up and running and when I try to test the application on ATE by selecting the platform  Windows 1024*768,The application is not looking as it is expected to be.

From my investigation I found that the SAP Work Manager 6.0 has no platforms and screens for Windows 1024*768.

I could see platforms as Ipads, Iphones for most of the screensets and PPC for some of the screensets.

So to deploy SAP Work Manager 6.0, do I need to create all the screen sets for Windows and Android Devices?

One solution which I could find was that I added platform as Windows 1024*768 and added the same Ipad screen and it was working fine for some of the screens .

Please help me find a solution .

Regards,

Deepak.M

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Deepak,

At this point I would highly recommend implementing Work Manager 6.1 instead of 6.0.  As you noticed with Work Manager 6.x the Windows platforms were removed as Work Manager is now using the WPF client for the Windows (Win 7/8) devices.

The advantage of this is that iPad, Android tablets, and WPF all use the same screens from the application definitions.  There are style/image differences that help control the look and feel on the different platforms.

Also in Work Manager 6.1 the did make changes to better support lower resolution Windows devices which would also be a reason to upgrade.

Either way the ATE will not render the screens well for the WPF stuff.  You should test screen layouts and looks by using the actual clients (WPF, Andorid, iOS) and rely on the ATE to confirm Object data, CT/DT data and some rule/action debugging.

--Bill

Answers (0)