cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default Start Page in NWBC 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using NWBC 4.0 For Desktop and we are having default start page as "New Tab" page.

Requirement of client is to have "Index" page as the default start page which can be achieved through pinning the index tab in NWBC but if client opens from some other system, it again shows "New Tab" as the default start page.

Is there any way we can achieve this for mass users  through configuration

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Regards,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

just to clarify this from the NWBC team and to give some detailed background information:

With NWBC 4.0 the default is that the index page is pinned when you connect to a system the first time on your local machine.

The logic here is very easy. NWBC checks if there is a special *.tab file for the system in the following user directory -  %APPDATA%\SAP\NWBC\Tabs. The files have the naming convention SYSID_NWBC.tabs. If the file does not exist, the pinned index page will be shown as default and the file is written and stored into the Tabs folder.

That means this logic is not dependent on the SAP system user, but on the OS/Windows user.

The next time you start NWBC and connect to the same system, the tabs are read from the *.tab file and you can then unpin and pin other tabs.
So your first question is somehow strange, as the default definitly is the pinned index page.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member391737
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Right click next to the title of index tab and select "Pin Tab" as shown in the image below. It will resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Thanks a lot! . The issue got resolved earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Can you please share the solution you found. I came in to the office this morning and suddenly the "New Tab" page has replaced my "Index" page in NWBC - but I haven't made any changes!

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

After installing NWBC 4.0 PL9, I was presented initially with the Index Page. Then after creating a new role with multiple workstreams and then selecting one of the workstreams > Overview Work Center and pinning this tab, indeed when I next launch NWBC, I see this new page defaulted.

However if I then unpin this, log out and back in again, I do not see the Index page again but the New Tab page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot! . The issue got resolved earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is strange Nishant, I thought that the default start page was the index page by default, not the new tab page. Are you sure the user hasn't somehow removed the index page and pinned the new tab page in it's place...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. Even I believe so but we have tried with different user id's and we got the default page as the new tab page.

We also created new user id's to check the same but it still shows new tab page as the default start page.

I believe when a user pin a tab in NWBC it is saved in NWBC settings in local system. So I have even tried on other workstation but result was same . So now our requirement is to show default start page as Index page.

Brs,

Nishant