cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy the data of S_ALR_87013558

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For analysis purpose my client want to take the data of S_ALR_87013558 in local file.

But not able to get that data ...even tried to get that data through background run option...but not getting result.

Experts pls help to come out...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Here is one way to achieve this,

1. Copy S_ALR_87013558 report and create another report with new name(I keep original as it is) in CJE0.Here one change made in it as Output Type maintain as Classic drill down -> Basic list:D-Down and saved it.

2. Execute the report expand the structure whole(its important) then in menu path follow

Report -> Export -> Export one pop up screen appear as below

Note in this, prior to report execution save a blank TXT file on your PC and use this file path in above Output file name.After this you have to change the file path extension from .txt to .dat; other things to be keep as shown.

You will get your S_ALR_87013558 in Excel in structural view.You need to SAVE AS this file in excel workbook.

Regards,

Sachin.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Many hierarchy report can not be transported into Excel (I have not seen excel transport for any hierarchy report). You have to check other options like CN41/CN40/CN41N report it it can give you useful data to some extant.

S_ALR_...558 .. contains CJI3 and CJI5 in its actual and commitment columns respectively, you can use this report to capture assigned data. Budget and other relevant columns you can get either from std. CN40/CN41 reports .. Though it looks long way to get it..but let me search for any other way to extract hierarchy reports into Excel.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Thanks for ur reply....Ya its correct that we will get data through diff-2 reports for diff-2 requirement, but in one go its not possible to take data ...

and if higher management will look the same report then its not an easy task for user ...

Pls check if u have any other way to get the required data.

Regards,

Narender Kumar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Narendra. Agreed.

I an searching for a way to do it. I have also posted one discussion on SCN for it:

Keep watching it...

Regards

Saurabh

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Do you have BI/BW installed? If not then the only other option would be sitting with your technical team and getting it done.. No easy way out here. As I said earlier try the HTML option.. though I didn't found it too convenient.

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sammar,

We dont have BI / BW  installed here ...

will looking to raise OSS now..

may b they have some suitable reply....

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

well OSS will not work as it is not a product issue, the report is meant to work like that.. I guess they will also suggest for a custom development. Do keep us posted what SAP suggests for this, would be helpful for many.

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya sure summar ...

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Not all reports are available to be downloaded in to a local file in the standard reports. The S_ALR_87013558 doesnt have this functionality. Try using the cost element based reports which can be downloaded into excel. This report though can be saved as an HTML and then can be converted to an EXCEL.

If you want to have this report to have the save in local file functionality, you can take help from your abapers and achieve it.

cheers

sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sammar,

Thanks for ur reply...cost element based reports are not suit our requirement...for that every time we have to take lots of diff. -2 data from diff. - 2 cost centers and then once again compare that data with said report.

Which is not feasible for management objective...

we are using here annual based budgeting so that not able to use classical option also...b'se data is showing varry in classical & drilldown option in S_ALR_87013558.

Kindly let me knw some another path pls.