Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY : Multiple Return Values

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is to pass some item data to web service & then i use FM to create a Item id for each item passed. So, if i have passed 10 items in input, 10 item ids will be created.

in SEGW model, i have created a entity type ENT1 that has fields Item id & item name ( This is the info i want WS to return in response). Other entity type ENT2 has item data information or fields that i want to input to web service. Then i created a navigation from ENT1 to ENT2 with cardinality as M:N.

So, now if i pass 10 Items info in input, i should get back in response 10 item ids with their name. I hope my requirement is clear.

Then, i have used method CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY to create items & then i have all the items created & their name in an internal table. Then i use below method to send this table in response:

copy_data_to_ref(

EXPORTING

is_data = lt_created_items

CHANGING

cr_data = er_deep_entity

).

My issue is that i don't see any item in response if i pass here a table in IS_data but if i pass a work area, then thats returned in response.

What could be the reason & how can i solve this?

Regards

Gaurav K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

U need to pass a structure to copy_data_to_ref method i mean i.e., a deep structure which is holding all your table details.

Sample :

copy_data_to_ref(

EXPORTING

is_data = ls_created_items

CHANGING

cr_data = er_deep_entity

).

Where ls_created_items is a deep structure.

Please have a look for detail info here.

Regards,

Ashwin

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

I have tried the same. I created a structure which can hold a nested table & passed the same to method. But still, it does not show it in output.

Do i need to change anything in model?

Regards

Gaurav K

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

That is because the navigation property defined in the model for a particular entity need to be a part of your payload.

Explanation : consider

Say u have an entity ITEM and entity set ITEMSet where u will be sending your item details.

Say u have a header entity PARENT and entity set PARENTSet where u send header info.

Say u have another entity ITEMDETAIL and entity set ITEMDETAILSet ( which will be got from your BE logic as a part of response )

Say u have association & navigation between entities as below :

PARENT to ITEM - 1 to N

PARENT to ITEMDETAIL - 1 to N

Navigation Properties :

PARENT to ITEM - ParentItem

PARENT to ITEMDETAIL - ParentItemDetail

Now in Payload u would send as below  :

JSON payload -

{

"HeaderProperty1":"",

"HeaderPropertyN":"",

"ParentItem":[{

< Your item info >

}]

With this u will fire the Deep Entity, Creation of Items happens and u will send back the response as well. i.e., deep structure holding header,items sent initially in payload and item details which u got as part of successful creation )

But now in response u will not be able to see item details which u got as part of successful creation because the above payload will not have navigation property ParentItemDetail as part of payload so u wont see in response though u send those details as part of your deep structure

So now solution is :

Send the payload as below :

{

"HeaderProperty1":"",

"HeaderPropertyN":"",

"ParentItem":[{

< Your item info >

}],

"ParentItemDetail":[{

}]

With this u can see the item details which u got as part of successful creation along with your header and items sent initially in payload as well

Regards,

Ashwin

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Thanks for the wonderful explanation.

I got a clue & able to resolve the issue. You are a great help.

I will award the points. A BIG THANKS AGAIN.

Regards

Gaurav K

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Glad to hear that it helped Thanks u and you are most welcome

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (0)