Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to JAVA mapping

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been working in PI for sometime now. But i have never done JAVA mapping or writing modules in PI. Now i am in need of working on either of these. I have no idea on the topics mentioned above. I tried searching for docs and links on these and was successful in finding only example scenarios, which was not very clear.

Can anyone give me details on these for a beginner please? I mean how to start with JAVA mapping and basics in it.

Regards,

Lavanya R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Please check this link

If you are working in PI7.3 and have little knowledge in java, you can write java mapping directly in ESR. Hope this will helpful for you to start java mapping.

Regards,

Praveen

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

There are multiple blogs for Java Mapping,you can start following those links:

Beginners guide to Java mapping using DOM parser in SAP XI - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

SAPTechnical.COM - Understanding Java Mapping concepts

You must be aware of the XML parsing techniques such as DOM and SAX parser.You may at first start parsing through JAVA program (if you are not that fluent in parsing)and then gradually try to implement into PI.You may find multiple documents for developing parsing program in JAVA tutorial sites like :

Reading XML Data into a DOM (The Java™ Tutorials > Java API for XML Processing (JAX...

Parsing an XML File Using SAX (The Java™ Tutorials > Java API for XML Processing (J...

Regards,

Suman