cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having two credit memo after creation of invoice correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain the possibility of having two credit memo after creation of invoice correction although the material of the two line items is just the same. One line item is the positive value and the another line item is the negative value. Although the customer should receive or pay the difference of the two values. I just want to know why it happens to have two credit memo with one line item each, why is there a need to split. Thank you for your help in advance.

Reyna Agustin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Reyna,

An invoice correction request is configured that way!!

Any no. of items in the sales order is duplicated & produced twice in the invoice correction request. As you correctly mentioned one item has two enteries : one as a credit memo entry & the other as debit memo entry.

Here if you observe you will not be able to make any changes to the credit memo entry, the required changes can be made at the debit memo entry(change/update quantity or change/update prices etc.)

After making the required changes click on tab 'delete unchanged items', this way those items in which you have not made any changes are included in the documents for the further processing of the Credit or Debit Memo.

Hope this clears your doubt. do give your feedback

Regards,

PATHIK

Message was edited by:

Pathik Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I actually didnt get the qustion correctly..I have a world document with screenshots which may help you in some way or other.

Credit Memo

When to Use

Used to apply credit to your accounts for goods returned or overpayments.

Must have a credit memo or written documentation from the vendor.

Apply only against a permanent vendor (not against a One Time Only account)

Steps

1. Determine the AMS accounts to be posted to (Vendor account, General Ledger (G/L), Funds Center, Fund (if applicable) and Cost Centre or Internal Order)

2. Process the credit memo in AMS

3. Record AMS document number on the credit memo and file

If you want to have that screen shots just let me know..

<b><b>**PLZZ REWARD POINTS IF THIS IS USEFUL FOR YOU**</b></b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil.,

Can you pls send me the doccument on credit memo ,invoice correction request with screen shots to my mail id

narayana.sapsd@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

Can you please send the doccument on credit memo ,invoice correction request with screen shots to my mail id

sbeblr1@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in Advance

Arnoldsw